Annual SE Ohio Veteran's Day ride

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by TimRav, Oct 17, 2010.

1. TimRav

TimRav New Member

I've done a SE Ohio ride on Veteran's Day for the last few years, and I'm planning to do it again this year. Last year I started "charging" $5 per rider to donate to a Veteran's organization, but unfortunately I was the only rider who attended my ride last year. Still, I donated my $5 to a veteran who was collecting donations at one of my rest stops.

This year's ride will be on Veteran's Day, Thursday, 11/11/10. We'll likely meet in Zanesville between 10 and 11 a.m. that morning, then take OH 555 south to OH 7. After that, who knows.

Anyone interested?

2. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    sounds like fun...isn't it getting a bit brisk there? I lived up the road in Gnadenhutten for a bit (a done of years ago) I remember it Snowing around halloween. anyway, good luck on your ride and from a veteran to you thank you for your donations.

Crusty

3. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Not much response on the forums I'm on, so it'll be a solo ride today. And instead of SE OH, I think I'm gonna hit western PA and the Allegheny Natl. Forest. It's been a couple years since I've been there, and I'm a little rusty since I haven't been riding much lately, so I'll leave the tough SE OH twisties alone today.

Hope to see some of you during the 1st spring SE OH ride next year!

4. TimRav

TimRav New Member

Didn't make it to the Forest after all. Stopped for lunch in Greenville, PA, then decided to head back home and finish the afternoon rabbit hunting instead. (And didn't see even one!)

Anyway, I still had a nice short 120-mile ride, and am hoping for at least a couple more days of terrific weather. If we get weather like we've had over the last week, I'll take a day off and do a real ride!

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I think a Veterans Day Ride was a great idea. I might steal that idea from you for next year. But I too will probably be riding alone cause everyone here is afraid of the rain.

6. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    I wish I was closer to you fellers. I'd love to do a veterans day ride, but taking the day off work to ride by myself would be pretty lame.