Anyone dragrace much?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Birdoprey, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Birdoprey

Birdoprey New Member

Hi guys,

I've run many bikes down the strip and REALLY enjoy it. I was wondering if there were any others on here that likes to drag race??? Does'nt matter what shape or size of bike. If so, post up your rides, mods and et/mph info!

2. two4one

two4one New Member

United States
    Map
    Haven't take a bike to the strip yet. My prior hobby was a 1999 Z28 that was fully caged blah blah blah. Ran pretty good for what it had. Not sure why I haven't returned with a bike? I've certainly owned a couple that would have been fun - 1000RR, CBR1100XX - both gone.

I might fall into the "what's the point" crowd with the bikes? There are no turns on 1/4 mile strip (no offense) :)

Maybe some day. You run the Viffer yet?

3. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Bird: I'm guessing you've already made your first passes on the bike, but are holding back on posting pictures since someone else said they've done better, or you just haven't checked in lately... post your pic's and times so we have a baseline.

4. Birdoprey

Birdoprey New Member

Work has had me SUPER busy and so i've not had time to check back in awhile. Sorry.
    My VF1000R is a LONG way from even hitting the road. The only thing i've managed to do in the month i've owned it is pull the motor and the rear cyl head. Got along way to go and no time to do it right now.
    Nozzle, so far i've not seen any times from anyone on a 1000. What someone else does won't keep me from posting anything. Its all fun for me and i'm always open for pointers, thus the reason for posting my times(i've done so on other boards such as Suzukihayabusa.org, Maximum-suzuki.com, Psychobike.com and zrxoa.org) as well as it possibly helping others see what a bike is capable of. I post the good, bad and the ugly. BTW, pound for pound, i've run across very few that have run quicker times than i have on the bikes i've been on(simmilarly modded)
    Though i don't really have any plans to run the VF at the track, i'm sure i will some time. I can post links to my posts on other boards of me riding a Hayabusa, ZX-12R, Bandit 1200, GSXR1000, ZX-14 and prolly a couple of others if you wish.
    When i get a different bike, i usually hit the track for a baseline. I keep plugging at it til i no longer progress, then i change something and try some more. I post my progress as i go and do my best to describe each pass as best i can recall.
    I hope ya'll can bear with me. My progress on the VF will be VERY slow.
    Anyone have any slips to post on their bikes???

5. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    BirdofPraying for freetime:

I'm glad it was just work keeping you! I was just nudging you for a post on your bike if you'd run. I guess I shoved - sorry if it was too much. :sorry:

I'm looking forward to your progress. I understand busy at work.

Prosit,
    Paul

6. Birdoprey

Birdoprey New Member

Ha! No offense here. I just figured that no one knows me and that maybe i came across wrong in my post.
    Work is unbelievibly busy. Busy enough that i'm looking for something else, which may put a damper on making progress on the VFR.
    So far i've started checking on getting some 12-12.5:1 pistons for the VF. Wiseco told me they don't have anything and evidently were not interested in making custom pistons. Guess i'll check with Arias and JE...

7. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Budds Creek and Maryland International Raceway are around the corner. Capital Raceway (now a dump of a strip) is up in Bowie where I grew up... but is where the christmas tree was first used... Let me know if you are looking up here ;-)

8. speed

speed New Member

United States
    Map
    I was thinking about setting up one of my 86 750's and seeing what happens ?
    hey Nozzle, i used to go back to Baltimore every summer to see my grandparants when i was young, i bet everything has changed alot ?

9. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    How much has changed depends on when you last back ;-). The inner harbor is nice, The old Power plant is a Hard Rock Cafe & shops. It is nice down to Fells Point & Little Italy has a bunch of old warehouses that are becoming loft apartments, but lost of rowhouses are just crumbling... if you ride the Amtrak trains through the Baltimore station you get the idea.

No more HammerJacks though.

I'm 100 miles or so South of Bal'more now and get there once a year to do something social. so maybe one of the folks that live up that way will give you a better answer, or correct my post.