Anyone have an 04' or newer Maxima?

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by VaRollOn, May 23, 2007.

1. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Wife's Volvo coming off lease and we aren't going to buy it, too expensive 2 kids!! Thinking of Maxima, value wise you can get a nice loaded up car for around 15/16 from individual seller.

Any thoughts Viffer peeps? Also considering Camry & Accord but they are so vanilla the Maxima appeals more to me. Thanks upfront

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have heard they are good cars, but never owned one. I did have a Nissan 4x4 and it wasn't my best truck. Always ran into electrical probs, and tranny went out twice. My wife had a Camry and she loved it. She had a Maxima also and liked it for 40-50000 miles, but her electrical system went out and she never could quite get it straight again.

3. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

I'm a big fan of Nissan in general, so maybe I'm biased with my opinion. I've had 2 Maximas, the last a 2004 SE that I sold almost a year ago to the day. Absolutely loved the thing, much more "character" than either the Camry or Accord. I racked up just under 70k miles on the '04, used it as a commuter when I worked down in Sacramento (65 mile round trip) and never had one single problem with it. The V6 is just awesome, great pick up, decent fuel mileage and it handled really well. I honestly can't say a bad thing about it, I hate the fact I even had to sell it.

You can’t go wrong with a Camry or Accord either in my opinion, but you’re dead on when you say they are much more vanilla as compared to the Maxima.

Good luck.

4. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    thanks guys, that was my thinking too. I had an 89' that I still regret selling to buy my Exterra years ago. I can get an 04' SE with everything besides NAV & Dynamic/slip 50k miles Black near perfect for 16.5K, private seller its just 2 hrs away, trying to get wife out of luxury car mode. Volvo, SAAB BMW whatever...

5. k9style00

k9style00 New Member

Map
    Lucky you. I have an 04 maxima. Bought it spankin new. I have 69K on it now and the engine has been flawless. Very fast - auto 0-60 6.2 sec, 6 spd 0-60 6.0 sec. My only complaint is some of the interior. I've had some issues with the plastics. The moon roof was recalled so make sure you check on that. I'm still averaging about 21-22 mpg in town and 26-31 mpg on highway depending on AC and speed. If I had a choice I'd aim for the 2005 Maxima because the 04 was the new release model and they may have fixed some of the bugs by 05.

6. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    thanks guys, picking up the 04' Black SE on Sat for 16k. I hope we love it!