Anyone Installed Traxxion AK's?

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by Ditch, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Ditch

Ditch New Member

Hey guys, first post but I'm excited to get my suspension working well right away.

Just a couple of questions, the instructions say to seat the rebound adjust 3 turns. I'm counting 5 turns worth of clicks. Does it just need to be seated in the clock-wise direction?

It also says to re-use the pre-load spacer, is that what I have placed on the spacer here?

[​IMG]

2. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    The instructions for setting the rebound needle 3 turns in is so that you have three turns out to full out, when the cap is correctly screwed onto the damper rod. With a typical tapered needle, most of the change in flow happens in the first two turns.

So wind the screw out till it stops, then turn it in clockwise 3 turns. Wind the cap down onto the damper rod until the needle lightly seats. Hold the cap/rod still, wind the rebound out 1 turn, and tighten the locknut (so you don't mash the needle tip as you tighten the locknut). You should now have three turns available from full out to full in (needle seated).

Regarding the spacer, you should have the spring, washer, spacer, another washer, then the cupped washer, with the locknut sitting on top of that.

3. Ditch

Ditch New Member

Nevermind, got it thanks!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016