Anyone knows Carmo Rectifier?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Emre, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Emre

Emre New Member

Netherlands
    Hi all,

My oem rectifier failed and I went to closest shop for ordering a new rectifier. I didn't know anything about R/R at this time. And I replaced rectifier with what they gave to me. I didn't check brand or type because I didn't know.

Now I am installing phone charger and heated grips and I read some rectifier threads and I was worried about what kind of rectifier I have, definitely I need proper R/R after these installations. Because I am preparing my bike for long road trip on April.

I have Carmo Carr531 rectifier, it is mosfet. It has bigger heatsink than OEM and everything looks high quality. I think I can trust to this? Most of you guys from USA and probably doesn't know this brand.

this rectifier, as you can see it is not cheap one.
    https://www.carmo.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=289&language=en

Funny thing is Carmo electronics is realy close to my house, around 15km.

2. Cyberob

Cyberob New Member

Netherlands
    I have the CARR691 on my VFR800 5th gen (2001) and no issues till this date. Looks more reliable then the (unbranded) aftermarket RR which was on my bike previously.

Emre likes this.
  3. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I wouldn’t worry about the rr. They generally work much better when there is more demand on them. A phone charger and heated grips will be fine.

Emre likes this.