Anyone tried ColorRite paint?

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Arnzinator, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    Yesterday I decided to make good use of the perfect weather and go for a long ride. While cruising historic route 7A in VT, I stopped by Mt. Equinox. Great view BTW. A some point I decided to conduct some gravity experiments. Apparently everything I've learned over the years has to be re-learned from time to time. Popped the bike up on the center stand & walked away. Only to hear a sickening crash a few moments later. Theres my bike lying on its side. No real damage to the bike. Busted bar end & a couple of minor scratches by the directional. Saddlebag took hit pretty good, at least its not cracked or broken. Bracket doesn't appear to be bent in any way. These scratches are definitely not gonna buff out & may require some kind of filler. So I may have a go at this myself.

20140908_112415.jpg

Was wondering if anyone has tried ColorRite paint? If so any pros or cons?

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    yeah, what he said. :tranquillity:

Everything I have ever read on here leads me to believe that, preparation is probably the most important factor in paint repair.

This leads me to believe that I should keep myself away from it unless I am not overly concerned with it being perfect. I get bored easily.

4. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Feel your pain Arnz, had a first gear low side about a year and a half ago. Had to replace the clutch cover and paint the lower fairing. I wanted it perfect so there was a lot of cursing through out the learning to paint process. I had some experience from helping a friend paint a boat before but there is a lot to learn. It came out really well in the end but it was a whole lot of hours. I would see what a body shop would charge you before you jump in, it might be worth it. The Colorite paint was a perfect match though. It is surprising how much paint and supplies will end up costing:grumpy:
    John