apparel superstore in the northeast?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Guest, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I got my bike..now need some cold weather apparel fast since Mother Nature is being impatient with near freezing temps around here. So now I'm looking for a well stocked retailer within a 100 mile radius or so of eastern Pennsylvania. N.Y., N.J., Delaware? Perhaps Maryland. Any suggestions?

Greg

2. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

You definitely want to order from the internet. I live in the Communist Peoples Rupublic of New Jersey >:( and most if not all of the dealers around don't carry much. They usually stock the low end stuff and everything else is special order. If they do have what your looking for, its usually priced exactly at MSRP. Check out Joe Rocket's web site. What ever JR says their price is, thats what the dealers in this area set their prices at. The best dealer I know off is Freehold Honda Ducati Triumph. Its on Rt 9 in Freehold, NJ. The have the best selection of gear around where I live and I drive 1 hour 15 minutes to get there as opposed to Mt Holly Powersports which is only 15 minutes away.

The way you do it is: go to any dealer, try on the item you want, make some comment about not liking the color or something like that, ask them to drop the price like $75 (they won't) and then leave. The best online place I can recommend is MAWONLINE.COM. I ordered a Joe Rocket Leather Jacket that retails for $450 for $350 delivered.

Other good web sites:
    MOTOXOUTLET.COM
    KNEEDRAGGERS.COM
    HELMETHARBOR.COM
    GFORCECYCLES.COM

All have great prices and I've ordered stuff from all 5. I was dissapointed once by Helmet Harbor but they promptly refunded my money.

Good Luck.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

;D agreed!!

hworth, Thanks for the links but the problem I have is fit. At 6'2" and 170 lbs I have a real problem with gear fitting me. I absolutely need to try stuff on before purchasing. Unless it is tailored for tall, thin people I'm screwed. Which is 99 % of the time. I just wish there was more available in Tall sizes. I'll keep Freehold in mind. Thanks