Armored Clothing

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by atxvfr, Feb 12, 2004.

1. atxvfr

atxvfr New Member

Does anyone out there have any experience using any kind of armored clothing that you wear underneath your shirt and/or pants?

Althought full leathers are the best protection, it is expensive and is not very practical when you have to wear it to go to lunch or dinner when you go on a long ride.

I saw an ad in the back of Cycle World for Bohn Body and Armor (http://www.actionstation.com) and it seems reasonably priced, but I don't know how good they are.

Any recommendations?

2. AT

AT New Member

Have friend said the items you were talking about body armor were ok for awhile but did not "breathe" very well. at least the bottoms did not from what he said. I live in Tx as well and it does get a little hot. I just wear a pair of the tourmaster riding pants perforated for nice cool days of 98+ summer days.

just worth the paper its typed on.

at

3. AT

AT New Member

wearing something is better than nothing.

if your the ATX area say off IH35 if ur from austin you know what im talking about(haha ha)

I will keep a heads up for another VFR rider

4. hatzyian

hatzyian New Member

I have a Dainese "summer jacket". This is a perforated vest type of garment with elbow & shoulder armour, chest protection and a full lenght unzipable spine protector. Here in Cyprus it gets up to 40C in the summer and I find that this is ideal to wear under a t shirt or rugby top. I also heve a pair of jeans with kevlar lining on knees and hips.Not as good as full leathers but better than nothing. (Dainese also make trousers to go with the jacket.)

Ride safe :D

Ian