Around the World Motorcycle Ride - Supporting Childhood Cancer

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by MikeOnBike, Feb 23, 2012.

1. MikeOnBike

MikeOnBike New Member

Hello from "Mike Off Bike". Some of you know about my head-on collision back in November, which crushed my leg and broke my shoulder and totaled my 6th Gen VFR. I'm getting around on crutches now, and am recovering well.

A good friend of mine, Brad Thompson, is preparing to ride his motorcycle around the world this summer. Brad has survived cancer and his Rally Around the World ride will raise money for childhood cancer research. I can say from personal experience this is a worthy cause. My daughter, Claire, was diagnosed with leukemia when she was 2 years old, and we spent 70+ nights in the hospital and endured 3 years of chemotherapy. That year I sold my 1st generation VFR 700F to dedicate all my spare time to my family. Today, Claire is 20 years old and is completely healthy – thank God. And to brag just a little bit, Claire was valedictorian at high school and graduated Summa cum Laude from college with a bachelor degree in psychology at 19 years old. I joke with her that chemo made her smart!

Brad has asked me for support from VFR riders, and I hope that our VFR family can come through in a BIG WAY. Not only can we support Brad and his around the world adventure, but we can help save young lives by supporting childhood cancer research. Please click on the links below to read Brad’s Rally Around the World blog and to read about the Rally Foundation.

I have donated $100 today to get the ball rolling. I hope that many of you will click on the DONATE NOW button on the Rally Foundation page and donate $10 or more…it is tax deductible. Make sure you enter “VFR World” in the company field, so we can show how generous VFR riders can be. Also, make sure you select “Rally Around the World” in the Program Area field so the money is directed to Brad’s ride. Post a note below and give Brad some encouragement!

Rally Around the World | Follow Brad Thompson's Ride Across the Globe to Raise Money for the Rally Foundation

Rally Foundation : Rally Around The World

Attached Files:

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    awesome dude. glad you are repairing. wish him luck. we will be interested.

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Thanks for sharing your story......Great ending :)
    Best wish to your friend with his journey, will support for a good cause.