Auxiliary Fan for my 1987

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by PyroMcnoob, Sep 9, 2009.

1. PyroMcnoob

PyroMcnoob New Member

So, after much deliberation and tinkering, I've decided I need to just mount an extra fan to the front of my radiator...

I did a coolant flush and oil change, which helped a great deal. I also investigated my thermostat, which appeared fine to mine and my brother's eyes... but then we discovered that you can barely hear my fan kick on, even with ur head right next to the radiator...

Upon further scrutiny, it would seem my stock fan is either on the fritz or just a piece o' grade A crap... and to replace the stock one costs more than just buyin' something generic and boltin' it to the front of the bike.

So my question to y'all is, is there a specific brand you guys have gone with for mods like this? Basically I'm lookin' to wire an extra fan to a switch near my gauge cluster, so I can just flick the thing on when it's balls hot outside and leave it powered down at night and such... I've seen some stuff that'd work on Ebay, but I wanna know if you guys have had bad luck with certain ones or anything before I drop money on the project...

2. captb

captb New Member

United States
    Map
    I would look on ebay for a direct replacement. Unplug your fan hook up direct to 12v pos and negitive and see if it's still sounds weak.