AYFS Dead Battery!!!!

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by diVeFR, Jun 15, 2014.

1. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    So I just come back from spending two months working in Mexico. Ive been home a couple of days and have spent time with the family, so thats off the check list. Next is to put some miles on the bike so last night I plugged the bike into the trickle charger (it was on when I left but someone at some time took it off). I get on the bike today and go to start and there was the first AYFKM moment. The key was in the on position so no juice from the trickle charger and the bike is flat dead. The second AYFKM moment is when I put the key in the off position and let it charge all day still nothing..... Somebody here is 'bout to get a flogging.... Anybody know of any place or online site that has a good sale on batteries?

Sent from my iPad using My thumbs

2. FMB42

FMB42 New Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. Sounds like someone started it, or tried to start it... I'd disconnect the bat, put the key away, and chain the machine up the next time you're out of town.

As far a battery; I saved ~ 50% through eb*y on a 883 Sportster bat. This battery has proven to hold a strong charge and appears to be well made.

3. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

The kill switch is in the run position, right? Maybe check the battery with a meter.
    John

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Haha this could be it :thumb:

5. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Found out who the culprit was.... A friend of mine had to move the bike out of the way in the garage to get to my lawn mower. He took care of my lawn while I was out. He had to unlock the handlebars but he put the key to the on position but never noticed that the lights were on or the engine spin up sound. Hes not the sharpest tool in the shed but he has a heart of gold. I didnt ask him to do the lawn, nor did my wife. He just came over and did it. So I cant be too mad at the guy. Havent checked with the meter yet but pretty sure the battery is done. Yes kill switch was left in the on position.

6. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

Too bad it wasn't as simple as somebody having bumped the kill switch. How old was that battery anyway? Maybe if it was close to the end of it's service life your friend did you two favors, mowed your lawn, and put the battery out of it's misery while it was at your home rather than it dyeing on you while on a ride:smile-new: just trying to find a silver lining here. So what kind of battery you thinking of for replacement?

7. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    The battery was over a year old so I dont know about the warrenty. It was deader than crap. I just came back from the motorcycle shop and ordered a lithium battery. It was double the price but the battery lasts longer than a normal battery, weighs less, and takes less time to charge. Has anyone else tried this battery?

8. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    What brand did you get Bro?
    Litthium is great and hold charge well. But not to good in extreme COLD

9. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I ordered a WPS Featherweight Lithium. The cost of a regular battery was 70$ but this one was 140$ish but I think its going to be well worth it. Even though it does get cold here I don't think the extreme cold is gong to be a problem here in Texas.....

10. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

My 07 came with a Shorai that the po had installed, I purchased the bike in Dec. of 2011 but I don't know when it was installed and sadly the bike bike was on consignment by the po's widow (killed while riding one of his other bikes) . Good battery so far. I had a battery (Big Crank I think) that I put into the Sea Doo one time and it lasted only 7 months, one month past the warranty!:grumpy: Hope your new battery does as well as my Shorai has done.
    John

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    AYFKM...I know that Im an old fart..but what the hell does this mean?
    LMFAO ;)

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

12. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I was thinking of getting a light weight shoie battery-they seem to have mixed review-saving 6 pounds would help me-I have to push the bike on a uneven wood floor any its not easy.

13. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Another bonus for this battery is that it has its own "tester" button. Press the button and it displays if the battery is strong or weak. So pretty neat.

LOL....Dont worry, Im no spring chicken either. I sometimes have to Google some acronyms... It means "Are you f%$king kidding me". Where as AYFS means "are you f#$king serious"....Just don't ask what a Google is LMAO.

14. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I don't know what it is either and don't care!

15. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ooooh..thanks .

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2