Back in the VFR Saddle

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Dudealicious, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Dudealicious

Dudealicious New Member

so after a 9 month "work" vacation in Australia where i owned my first VFR, a white '95, (i wish i had more photo's posted) i just had to get another one when i returned to the states. i go to the dealership and see a perfect white one just sitting there. (call me a creature of habit) and to my surprise, it's a new old stock left over and boy do they really want to get rid of this "old" bike. $7600 is the price they told me. expecting to pay at least $9500 for a '07 i just couldn't turn this deal down. they way i see it, an '06 is virtually identical to an '07 or '08 correct?

i've read a few posts about the idle on these bikes and i gotta say, my tach shows me idling at around 1300-1400. i realize the manual states 1200 +/- 100 and the tach is not reliable, but it just sounds like it's racing, constantly. where is the idle adjust screw and is it wise to mess with these given the fuel injection and all?

also, when the v-tech kicks in, is it supposed to be that loud?
    and is it always supposed to lift my front tire? just kidding. kinda...i gotta say, these 800's sure do have some balls.
    thanks
    Bob
    now in socal
    give a yell if anyone is heading to the rock store. i'm in.

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Good to have ya back. man i think maybe I should paint mine white Nice.. be even IMO better with white wheels too. Curious if you recall, was that an option color for the VFR over there? never, well other than once om here, never seen it in white. sweet.

3. Dudealicious

Dudealicious New Member

the white is definitely after-market. i believe for the '95 (EU version) they offered red and some god-awful green thing.

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yes I agree, a repaint, I knew they made Green, Silver, Black, and a Navy blue, in fact I believe there was two shades of green depending on the year, Oh and ya Red. to bad they didn't see fit to bring in a white one. Nice.

5. EVvy

EVvy New Member

Dude, welcome back!! Looks to me like a pretty good deal on the '06. Enjoy the bike and please be safe!!

6. tonydig11

tonydig11 New Member

The idle adjust screw is located on the right side(when sitting on bike) just behind the fairing about halfway down. looks like a knob and has a screw in the center. mine was fine but after the first 1000 miles had to turn it up a bit. I used a screw driver because i could not turn the knob by hand. messing with it only changes the idle and wont effect anything else. V-tec is great feels like a turbo. the surge of power and sound is very very normal. have fun and be safe.

7. yoda6669

yoda6669 New Member

Map
    Ohh so that is where the idle adjuster is! I saw it last week when I was checking the torque on all bolts & nuts. I tough it was a drain plug.:rolleyes: