Back on a beffer.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by blackbird, May 24, 2008.

1. blackbird

blackbird New Member

Hello to all!
    I am back on a vfr after eigth years,2000 yellow.
    My ride is 2007 candy apple red, big different from 2000. I am loving it.
    I am looking for a full sys exaust, any sugestions?
    Will I need the power commander and do I have to modified the air box?
    I have K&n fillter on the way + fender eliminator.
    I all ready put 1500 miles on this vfr, for those thinking about it, just get it.
    It is the best all aroun bike in the market.
    I am comming fro FZ1 07, good but no long range fuel, cbr 1100xx 99
    better tons of power, but to hevy, 929, 954.200 and 2001.
    The site has changed a lot, but is good change.
    Thanks to all for your in put.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    welcome. glad to have you back. where you breaking it in?

3. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    says alot to choose the VFR over all those bikes you mentioned

4. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map
    Well if you want a full system exhaust, you will have to do it in 2 parts, the headers & then a slip-on rear half. I did a lot of searching around for my headers, and the only ones I could find that were made for our generation was made by Motad (which are great & will eliminate the cat, so if your state has immisions this won't be good) and I think they are awesome. They are a bit of a task to put on, but well worth it if you have the cash to fork out. Mine cost about 900.00 bucks shipped. Then as far as the rear half of the exaust it's just up to you as to what you like the best. I was going to get the Staintune ones, but then found the Micron ones and fell in love with them. I like the cans that utilize both sides just because I think its dumb to have a false can on one side that no exhaust comes out of so only one of them will get the carbon biuld up inside it and the other will look clean all the time. Kinda dumb if you ask me. Alltogether the set up cost me about 1800 for all the parts needed. As far as all the upgrades I've done, the headers gave me the most amount of power of anything I did. I did gain a bit in gas milage, but because I have such a hard time keeping out of the throttle I don't get to see that improvement very often! Anyway, that would be my suggestion if you could afford it. Oh yea, and welcome to the forum!

5. blackbird

blackbird New Member

I am breaking it in Fort worth, Texas. I am fixing to go back to Northen Cali, I miss those rides to Monterrey, Half Moon Bay and the Delta not to mention Tahoe rides.
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, and advice VFR-Guy the VFR is worth the invesment, I am commuting closed to 200 miles a day and I want to have fun on the commute at the same time.

6. blackbird

blackbird New Member

Thanks for welcome me back, as far as breaking it in I am in Forth Worth, Texas. Great straigh roads, but I am fixing to go back to Northen Cal some time in the begining of next year. I miss those rides to Monterrey, Big Sur, Half Moon Bay, bodega Bay and Tahoe.
    Yes the VFR is far away from any other bike I ever own, exept for the Black Bird as far as performance and comfort. Thanks VFR-GUY for the advice on mods the VFR is worth the invesment besides I am commuting closed to 200 miles a day and I want to have fun doing it.