Back to Stock Exhaust

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Aced It, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Aced It

Aced It New Member

United States
    Map
    First things first: I found this in the Smilies section and am finding it difficult to continue with my thoughts right now, LOL!
    :Boob2:

Ok, now that I have your attention...

I do like the sound and the look of the Two Brothers exhaust on my 6th gen VFR (it was on it when I got it). It also has the power tips (silencers) installed. I know TB designed the system as 4-into-1 for their claim of better torque, which makes sense, but I've had the itch to modify it and make the system a true dual muffler set-up, same as OEM. First I thought I'd just cut the pipe, insert a Y, bend some tube and weld it up. But I got to thinking too, what about modifying a stock crossover pipe to fit? Last week I researched Ebay and found a full cat-back from a salvage yard in Alabama. The seller accepted my offer and total with shipping came to $93.39. That was a deal; a great deal considering the condition; unmodified, no dents, barely scratched, included stock clamp and gasket. I received it Saturday. Now, before doing any type of modification, I wanted to just install the OEM system and feel it out, visually and audibly. I can tell you now, so far I'm enjoying the stock set-up, except the overall length of the mufflers (notably larger than the TB). I also had to lower my license plate a bit due to previously modifying the bracket; no big whoop (last pic wasn't complete yet). The sound is a bit more quiet which is good for my morning start-ups next to my neighbor's homes, and for sneaking out of work early - haha! I'm going to ride with it this week and make a decision whether to sell the TB system or modify it with the stock pipe and crossover. But to me, it seems a shame to cut up a perfectly good stock system. If the mufflers were damaged, etc. it would make it an easier decision, lol! Anyway, sometimes it's not bad going back to stock <--- I cannot believe I said that. :Loco:

I will say this though, if anyone has a stock system that is willing to part with the pipe only, let me know. You'd have to cut the mufflers off since it will make it cheaper to ship and I don't need them. :)

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. kenbev

kenbev New Member

Australia
    No doubt to my eye the stock looks the best from the rear view. I love it.

3. Aced It

Aced It New Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, I always loved the way they look from the rear. <<<--- Enter sarcastic comments below, lol!

4. kenbev

kenbev New Member

Australia
    You are a very sick man Ace. Join the club. Ken.

Aced It likes this.