Banning questions.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by VFR-Guy2000, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map
    So I've noticed ever since VFRShorty got her new position with the forum that a lot of members have been talking about being banned, or being scared of getting banned. So my question is what exactly causes one to be banned from the forum? I'm sure some of the other newer members like me would apreciate this info. Seems how I really really like being a member of the most awesome forum there is in the world, I don't want to mess up and get banned by accident. So any input on this would be great, and thanks in advance for your info.:smile:

2. KingFatty

KingFatty New Member

I take great offense at your post, so I've reported you and you will be banned shortly.:unsure:

3. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    You have to really F-up to be banned on this forum, I've been a member here for two years and only know of one member being banned...

4. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

I only have the ability to ban people from the chat, and do not take that power lightly.

I would only ban someone from the chat for a few reasons:

1. Continuing to post inappropiate content after being warned.

2. If they are banned from the website and are making new aliases.

Here at VFRW we error on the side of letting you guys have fun. A few of the guys joked about me banning them for posting up photos of umbrella girls - was all just joking though.

Trust me, if you do something wrong we will politely let you know before banning you. :smile:

5. Fizz

Fizz New Member

Map
    Worried about being banned? Nahhh, Shorty :hug:s me.

6. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map
    I knew you were overseeing the chat portion of things, but seems how I still consider myself a newbie here and I noticed the topic being mentioned I thought I would throw up a post to see if there were any guidlines or rules that had to be crossed in order to be banned. I have heard of people getting banned and starting up a new up a new user name, but for me I wouldn't be happy doing that because you couldn't be yourself anymore unless you didn't care about getting caught again. Anyway, congrats again Shorty on your new position here, and anymore ifno anyone wants to thow out on this is great. Keep em coming.:smile:

7. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map

Crap, I better pack up my bags then, but I'm taking my pics of all the umbrella girls so there!:stripper::tongue::flip::bootyshake2:

8. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    If I haven't been banned yet, then most everybody else is safe... :eek: :smile:

I'm also one of the new people, and from my perspective, the primary reason we are here is our choice of motorcycle, and the camaraderie that develops from that relationship. As long as we are "within the spirit of competition", to steal an old circle track pre-Nascar phrase, most everything is acceptable.

If any of us were to type about nothing but what rotten SOB's our bosses are, and how we were being taken advantage of by our relatives, and how our left butt cheeks were always developing boils, etc., and did so at every opportunity, we would not be within the realm of what this forum is about.

Then again, I may be completely out in left field. Wouldn't be the first time... :wink: :hangme::biggrin: :wedgie: :whoops: :soapbox:

Did I mention I like all the smilies?

9. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    ....:banplease:...

10. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    As Shorty pointed out, we like to err on the side of fun. We, the Mods and Admins, want this to be an enjoyable place for all VFR enthusiasts to come and pass along information, ask questions, chat, and just have an all around good time. We don't like to ban people, and will generally let you know if we feel a line has been crossed, and do so in private. Sometimes a public post is made, but in those instances no one person is named, it's just a general reminder so that we can all go back to having fun. :smile:

11. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

Romania
    Map
    I've seen some monster bar fights here and nobody has been banned.

MD

12. Joey_Dude

Joey_Dude Member

United States
    Map
    Like everyone here has said, you have to be a major :asshat: to get banned. The admins here will let you know if you have crossed the line and as long as you respect their wishes you'll be ok.

You may have noticed we're not all strictly about motorcycles and we like have a little break on the lighter side and the important thing is that you stay PG-13 and that you respect other members even though you may disagree with them. We all have opinions and calling someone a doody head isn't quite respecting differences of opinion.

The only guy I've seen get banned here is birdseed and the big problem with him is that he will not respect the admin's wishes. For example, he kept lamenting on his depressing situation with his sick wife and low-paying job and the admins sent him a private message asking him to refrain from depressing talks like that. They even suggested that there are other forums more appropriate for that. But birdseed STILL kept talking about his sick wife and crappy job. He even posted a thread saying that even though the mods don't like it he's gonna post a picture of his sick wife on the hospital bed.

13. Blacktop

Blacktop New Member

I belong to a couple other Nissan forums and as long as you post in off topic, anything goes (almost). They ban for direct linking NWS, or posting illegal file sharing stuff, and other NWS stuff.

I dunno, but banning someone because they complain about their life would never get you banned on the Nissan sites I go to, as long as it was posted in off topic. I don't know the full context of the situation with this birdseed guy, but maybe he just needed a place to vent. Then again, maybe he was a major attention whore. In that case (on the Nissan sites) the members would pretty much verbally bash him into submission, and he'd go away after a while. We get alot of noobs over there like that, and they all go away after a while.

14. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Get uncomfortable sitting at times do you?:bootyshake2:

PM coming your way later today about Oregon trip. Getting educated on a computer right now on the company's dime.

15. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    hats off for this thread. How else would I know that I'm not really pushing the limits yet and need to step up my game in order to move closer to that line. whoohoo... Party at Stuka's!!! (while he's away)

16. yoda6669

yoda6669 New Member

Map
    yodasmile Really? I didn't knew he got banned. WoW. To be honest he was asking for it unintentionally. Not to sound like a meany, but I'm glad. He used to scare people from the chat. Just ask the other chat Bastages.

17. KingFatty

KingFatty New Member

Has the line been defined specifically?

Or is it not really a line, but an ambiguous sort of "feeling" where you know it when you see it?

18. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    The best "line" is common sense and it doesn't need to be defined IMO.

19. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

That is the idea I have always had. If you are unsure about something you want to post then PM a mod/admin, we are happy to clear up the fog for you.

20. VFR-Guy2000

VFR-Guy2000 New Member

Map
    Cool, thanks for everyones input.:thumbsup: That cleared up some of the cloudyness that started lingering. When I first joined it did seem like everyone was pretty laid back like me and likes to joke a lot, like me also:tongue1: So now that I now I can go back to being myself again:bootyshake2::evil::tongue2::madgrin: I feel much better, no wait:ncb::party::smokin::wacko::rockon::boozer::grouphug: O.K. now thats better! Thanks again everyone. :wink: