biker gang attacks SUV

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by reg71, Oct 1, 2013.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
  2. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Not a good look for motorcyclists but it doesn't look at all random, anyone know what the driver did to spark them off on the freeway in the first place ?

Youtube Linky:
    [video=youtube;cyBYX91Z_yY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyBYX91Z_yY[/video]

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    sounds like it was a hit and run and they flipped out.

definitely gonna reflect poorly, though.

You know that non-riders are not going to read the full article for the most part about the SUV hitting the biker(s).

Damn stuntaz always trying to be bad ass. ;)

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    They should have titled the article: Hit and Run driver chased down and assaulted by biker gang at least so the headline presents a little more of the story.

5. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

I have no respect for these thugs. The dude on the white Gixxer that brake checked him started the whole thing. Eyewitness accounts all over the interwebz are saying that these guys were tearing up most of NYC, speeding up and brake checking cars, knocking on windows, and randomly stopping the flow of traffic like seen. IMHO, they were asking for trouble. Did the guy deserve to be paralyzed and coma, no, but don't block a 6,000lb death machine while your thug buddies are knocking on his windows and slashing his tires...

6. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Had thought the trouble may have started earlier than the video shows but if the Gixxer brake check started it and he did it just to be an Arse then that guy is a grade A bonehead. Being so clearly documented and Viral this Video could bring howls of outrage by the General public for the Law to " do something about it " with a possible knee jerk re-action from Politicians negatively affecting all motorcyclists not just to these idiots.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    that's a scary thought. At least our government is shut down again so they won't accomplish anything.

8. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    SO. These assholes run the risk of causing the rest of us some backlash from the mainstream drivers out there. I guess then it is up to the rest of us, to distance ourselves from these specimens and go out of our way to publicly scorn these sqids.

I haven't a better word for them other than that they are fucking assholes....fucking assholes. I read a little more on this (very little cause I was sick) The father of that ride who got run over is a man of a church. Well, he did not do a great job of instilling morals in that twitt did he?

My thoughts and concerns go out to the driver of that SUV and his poor wife. I believe that the child is young enough that she will never remember any of this.

9. Jimtt

Jimtt New Member

Map
    "They should have titled the article: Hit and Run driver chased down and assaulted by biker gang at least so the headline presents a little more of the story. "

RIGHT ON!y

Two riders seriously injured, one paralized by an SUV that blatanly ran over them; I would turn Thug too if that happened to my riding buddies. And NY NY says they didn’t have a permit, I thought we lived in a free country. In 45 years of riding I have see all too many SUVs (and others) blatanly disrgard the safty of motorcylists. The way this is presented if outright media slanting. That SUV driver should be brought up on charges; since when is OK to RUN OVER PEOPLE?

10. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Its not. But a person has the right to use as much force as necessary to protect himself and his family from harm, injury or possibly death. I couldn't see what was going on back at the first scene, but I suggest that this SUV driver was one scared person. He certainly drove that way. So, I can only assume what was taking place at the SUV at that time. So I won't comment on assumptions.

Did anyone notice how that group of bikers appeared to grow in size tremendously through out this video? Makes me wonder if cell phones or other digital media was being used to invite other pricks to join in on the chase.

11. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Biker Gang? I thought it was going to be Billygoat and his fellow assless chap wearing doods.

That was more like a school of squid......Billygoat could still be in there somewhere......I'm sure he knows a guy, who knows a guy, that was at the great event.

12. Rezonator

Rezonator New Member

Somthing tells me if a group of 100 bikers surrounded ur car with ur wife and kids in it I bet everyone of u in this forum would have done the same exact thing!!!! Yes it's sad that there were people hurt but what the suv driver did was a natural reaction of any human or animal!!!

13. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Those riders are not like OUR riders and acted start-to-finish like a gang of drugged, crazy, testosterone-addled criminals, not all but some. No rider intending to be civilized should ride with or anywhere near young-and-stupid thugs like those.

When i see bikes with extended swingarms, wild flashy custom paint, dozens of LEDs, bad tires, loose chains, no-baffle, hacked exhausts i exit that area fast. Partly i can see this being a generational thing and we can't understand the bike scene in NYC those young gangstas come from. Alot of stolen bikes were recovered, i believe.

JUST WATCH how much extra room SUVs are going to be giving us after this sensational news story !!! :nelson:

14. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    That is the sad part to this story, the question still remains out of camera vision was a rider hit or injured before the Gixxer brake check or was that the stupid stunt that sparked the unfortunate set of events ?

If the former then they should have reported it the Police with all drivers details if the later than the Gixxer rider should bare the responsibility of the riders injuries including to himself, riding is too serious to play stupid games. The SUV driver over panicked to be sure but that should have been expected given the circumstances.

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I think this is the type of situation that stems from not being able to ride your MC on curvy roads! These guys ride in the city too much and have too much angst! :chaingun:

In all seriousness, I think the driver took the "flight" response to a fight or flight situation, unfortunately people got seriously injured during that escape and then it escalated into a "mob violence" situation. I do think that the riders went a little too far and rather than detaining him and/or letting the police handle it once they caught him, they let their anger get the best of them.

16. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

As for the punks on the bikes, including Captain Speed Bump:

[​IMG]

This place has been taken hostage by wannabe attorneys, stupid old men and a Billygoat....shameful

17. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    I feel bad for the people who were injured/paralyzed but the risks of something bad happening are greatly increased when you ride with a large group of hooligan jackasses. I personally don't like riding in groups of more than 4 or 5 people unless it is an organized charity ride with established ride rules. From the very first minute of watching that video I could tell something bad was going to happen and I agree that most people in the SUV's drivers position would been terrified and would have done the same thing.

Rollin

18. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    I wonder just where these couple people who were seriously hurt standing or parked their bikes prior to this happening. In front of the SUV? Kinda lends to a theory that they themselves went to a fight....and lost.

19. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Yep. I guess all the defenders of the biker gang would have just sit quietly inside the SUV with their family as rowdy bikers beat on their SUV and slashed their tires as they attempted to open the door. Surrrrrrrre. Hopefully, many in this biker gang will be future Darwin Award winners.....cleansing of the gene pool at its finest.

20. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Did any of you watch the video? Bikers chase Range Rover driver after rider is hit, viral video shows - CNN.com

The bikers pulled an organized,(by them) a full stop on the expressway. Which was wrong to do. Which is really irrelevant. Then this guy decides to run a few bikers over because he didn't want to wait. Looked to me the others bike were doing about the same speed with the Range Rover. One guy pulled in front of it and slowed down. The cager ran in to him.!

Yes the bikers may have been in the wrong to stop traffic, but that doesn't give this guy a right to run them over! What would you do if someone ran you or your fellow biker over? Whether you were in the right or wrong. No one threaten the cager prior to being run over. That guy should of gotten his ass beat. He tried to kill some one! I hope he goes to jail!

Half the shit out there being reported is negative against bikers. Typical news media! That how misconceptions get spread around as truth!
    It affects all of us as motorcyclist.