Birth Announcement

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Jazz, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Jazz

Jazz New Member

Brothers and Sisters, I would like to introduce to you the newest member of my family; "Blade", a Pearl White 2006 grin-getter! As you may recall, I was in mourning last week for the untimely loss of my newly aquired 1999 VFR, whom I never named. Blade was delivered to me two days ago, and is my first-ever brand-spanking-new motorcycle! I was astonished to discover the very liberal break-in admonishments of "don't hit the redline" and "don't use full throttle" for the first 300 miles! "That's it, that's the only restrictions???" Wow!! :biggrin: (I am still using my own self imposed limitations to ensure my baby is properly brought up to adulthood)
    So, I am liking the nimble handling, the eager acceleration, the nonchalant high speed ability, the lack of a choke lever and the compliment-getting good looks, but I DO miss the cam gear whine of the '99 :sad: Not to mention all the mods my buddy had done to it before it became mine. So, eventually, I'll change the rear sprocket, install a PC, steering damper, Sargeant seat (thanks for the tip, Hworth) and do a couple other mods that have caught my eye. I'll post pics as I get them. Thanks to all of you for your advice, support and cameraderie.
    R,
    Jazz

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Sweet ride. I like the 06's in white. Can't wait to see some pics. :) Have lots of fun on it.