Broken Fuel Hose T-Piece

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by algarbrem, Feb 14, 2018.

1. algarbrem

algarbrem New Member

United Kingdom
    Hi All,

I have just become the owner of a '95 VFR 750, that had been left standing for a couple of years and needed a little TLC to get her back on the road for summer. I bought the bike as a non-runner and suspected the jets would be clogged, which indeed they were when i got the carbs off and cleaned them out.

Unfortunately this is where things went wrong, as the plastic 3-way T-piece that joins the two smaller diameter fuel pipes on the two banks of carbs onto the length of full size fuel pipe which runs from the pump had gone very brittle and snapped.

Woud any of you chaps know where to get one of these? i think the main fuel line is 10mm but i'm not sure on the two other pipes. Any help is well recieved :)

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    I'm sure i saw things like that cobbled out of small air or fuel or plumping fittings, brass. Not OEM but a good temporary or permanent fix to geet you rollin.

Maybe try a breaker's yard ?

3. algarbrem

algarbrem New Member

United Kingdom
    i trawled high and low for something generic that would fit but the only way i could have made it work in my mind at least would be to have pieced together a frankenteins monster of fuel/plumbing parts to replace this three way of different sizes, but i worried what effect this might have on fuel flow so i've bitten the bullet as they say and purchased a new one from here https://www.cmsnl.com/. The site was quite helpful as it had graphical breakdowns and i didn't know exactly what it was called to look elsewhere.

It was very expensive but there is only one decent motorcycle breakers yard near me, who also would have wanted about 20 pounds for the part anyway so thought i might as well have the new one. it'll take about a week to get here which is a bummer as well as i really wanted to hear the old brute run! I've got a brake caliper over haul to be getting on with anyway though so all is not lost :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018