BRPW & The Dragon & The Cherohala Skyway...

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by KC-10 FE, May 13, 2006.

1. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Great Smoky Mountains, here I come!

Trailering the VFR & the Hawk GT & the wife (she gets to ride in the truck) to Maggie Valley & Robbinsville, NC tomorrow morning for moto nirvana. Anyone who has the means and has not been to this area, you NEED to go & soon.

KC-10 FE out...

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I was reading about Deal's Gap (The Tail of the Dragon). I'd like to go, but I have never ridden more than a couple of hours at a time so I would have to work up to going there. I don't have a trailer so I can't haul my bike there and then ride. One day I'll go. I am sure it will be a blast just to ride throught the beautiful countryside.

3. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    Copperhead

Gang, the Copperhead in Alabama is a great intro to The Dragon. Anyone who wants to ride the Copperhead (Hwy. 25 AL) and do Barbers in Alabama e-mail me at legs@thunderroadsalabama.com. The Copperhead is possibly the best run in the US and is nowhere near as hairy as the Dragon.

I've ran the D:cool: ragon on a Derbi 50, and Aprillia 250, a cbr 600, and have actually shook the crankcase bolts out of an FXD while spanking a CBR 600F4.

I'll get us a special tour in Barber's/29 Dreams. Think late August and let me know.