Canadian 02 ABS model advice

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Guest, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a friend wanting to unload his 02 VFR ABS on me. I loved the test ride. Only differences I could tell from a U.S model is that its silver (which wasn't in U.S. until 03), "VFR" decal on fairing, and a temp guage that can't be changed from Celcius to F degrees. It's licensed in my State. Does anyone know of any grey market issues to be concerned with on this bike? :-/
    Thanks be given for any advice!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    I have a black '02 model that was purchased in Canada. I haven't had any problems with registration or licensing. The only drawback to buying Canadian or UK for that matter is that during the warranty, if anything is wrong and needs to be fixed, your local dealership is not responsible. I live in New Orleans and have tried to have a defective part replaced(instrument cluster cover) and when they punched in my VIN, they told me with a foreign bike, I was going to have to pay for it. Hope this helps! Ride On!
    Craig

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Craig:
    The lack of warranty is understandable, and with a Honda, probably not much of a risk. I guess my biggest concern would be if the grey market label made it harder to sell the bike in the future.
    I'm in Seattle, about 2 hours from Vancouver, so I suppose I could always take it North when I'm done with it!
    I'm selling a Katana and will be joining your ranks soon. Thanks for the input!