Carb rebuilders ?

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by a1gatorz, Jul 9, 2015.

1. a1gatorz

a1gatorz New Member

United States
    Hi all , I own a 1987 VFR700F2 INTERCEPTOR . It is in great need of having its carbs rebuilt . After reading many , many threads on this I have decided to send them off to be rebuilt . What would be of great value to me & perhaps others here , is to hear of any members experience using squirrelman . Good,bad or indifferent . So far , for the record , I have heard nothing but good things concerning him . If you would rather not post publicly , please just PM me . Please refrain from bad mouthing or replying if you have not used him personally . THANK YOU & BE NICE !

P.S. If you have used some one else personally , please let me know what you've experienced with them ?

2. Vinman

Vinman New Member

Map
  3. thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter New Member

I can't speak to carbs personally, although I've seen him recommended by several people.

He did buy some parts from my part out. He paid me the agreed upon price and I shipped him his parts. We were both happy and he was pleasant to deal with. Things ran a little slow on both of our ends but I would take him to be a man of his word based on my interactions with him.

4. shawntex

shawntex New Member

United States
    Map
    Billy has done a fantastic job on 4 sets for me and mine aren't ever easy.

5. bikerinneb

bikerinneb New Member

United States
    Map
    I have no experience with using squirrelman, but have heard nothing but good things. I used Billy Carr, he was great to work with and the carbs came back beautiful, he bench synced them, I mounted them, fired the bike up with the carb sticks and they were perfect. No adjustment needed.

6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Squirrelman is much faster and less expensive than the alternatives. :eagerness:

7. hopit88

hopit88 New Member

United States
    Billy is awesome and has a ton of parts in stock that you may need. Very few guys I'd let have my carbs and he is at the top. Like so many other things, you get what you pay for.

8. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Go ahead and try to get your carbs done in 2 weeks or less; Billy can't or won't do it. He's SLOW ! I've seen reports of his taking 6 weeks.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  9. hopit88

hopit88 New Member

United States

"Please refrain from bad mouthing or replying if you have not used him personally ."...Straight from the OP's mouth and very reasonable...so much so a child can understand it.

10. Vinman

Vinman New Member

Map
    Maybe hi turn around time is slow on occasion. maybe that's because he gets a lot of work. That sounds like a good thing as a customer.
    I'd imagine they are all pretty good carb builders but I can say billy is a stand up guy who will deliver when he says he will.