Carbtune question

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Expvet, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    I am going to do a synch using a carbtune on my 2006 VFR and have a question. Do you connect the hoses ( restrictors installed) coming from the carbtune to the end of the disconnected hoses from the 5 way joint (shown as letter A in the diagram) or do you remove the hose connected to the throttle body itself (shown as letter B) and connect the carb tune hose there? I ask because the carbtune comes with adapters but those would screw into carbs and has no connectors to the throttle body hose itself.

throttle bodies diagram.jpg carbtune.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. Grumpy old man

Grumpy old man New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    I use 4x small pieces of copper tube that are a tight fit into the carbtune hoses and then take the 4 hoses off the 5 way and connect them to the copper tube (they need to be stretched onto the copper slightly)

The reason I do this is the carbtune hose I.D is slightly larger than the engine vacuum take off point and also larger than the factory vacuum hoses

In the fitting of the restrictors to the carbtune hoses as described in the instructions I cable tie both sides of the join once fitted to the hoses or they leak air when warm otherwise

all the connections need to be tight as you do not want any leaks

When I did my VFR for the first time I found quite a few hoses with small splits and cracks around the end including the 4 off the 5 way at both ends

So I spent about an hour replacing all rubber hoses with new 3.5 mm hose from memory

3. puig510

puig510 New Member

United States
    Map
    HI, Just syned my sv on the 07. I disconnected the 4 hoses from the 5 way split and actually used the adaptors. the pointed side (longer end) is inserted to the tubes on the throttle body and the flat screwed side (shorter side) on the tubes thats inserted to the carbtune carbtune. i need to wrap electrical tape on the ends because it will slip out the tubes thats attached to the carbtune and also the tape is to make sure its a tight seal. i dont know if I'm making any sense. I can take some pictures. let me know

4. Expvet

Expvet New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks for the great replies. I was given a good suggestion to join the carbtune hose to the throttle body hose via the restrictor tube. Seems like a good idea since that makes a positive seal.

5. puig510

puig510 New Member

United States
    Map
    I tried that but the restrictor tube is too big. Maybe you'll have success. Rode the bike this morning and man did it smooth out the lower rom throttle. Good luck keep us updated

6. Darth Vader

Darth Vader New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    There a great vid on YouTube done by an Aussie for this , search it.