CB expertise/advise needed

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Suko, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Suko

Suko New Member

I would really enjoy having a CB so I can communicate with my riding buddy who has a CB on his Goldwing. I would also like to be able to plug in my ipod so I can listen to music through my helmet when the CB is not being used.

I am looking at getting the Midland 75-822 CB radio along with ridercomm helmet headset with push to talk. My question is: does anyone have experience with this particular CB and can I use my ipod with this setup?

This is the CB: Midland 75-822 40 CH CB Radio

Headset: RiderComm-Motorcycle Helmet Headset

My plan with this setup would be to plug the unit into my DC plug and put the CB in my tank bag and mount the push to talk button on the handlebars somewhere. I really like how this setup looks in my mind and the price seem reasonable and the reviews I have read have been good. My problem is whether or not my ipod will work with this setup.

I am open to other setups; does anyone have a similar setup, one with a CB and ipod or other audio devise?

I am new to my VFR (7 weeks, 2003 non abs) and this forum so I apologize if someone else already addressed this; if so kindly direct me to where I can find this info.

Thanks,

Happy new year all!