Central meet and ride. Just a thought...

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by jackson, Feb 20, 2006.

1. jackson

jackson New Member

Hey All,

I am in New Jersey and looking to see if anyone wanted to do a meet and ride... Last year I took off with a couple of friends from the area and met other riders about a day out (central locale). We met a few others from another area and all had individual stay arrangements. We rode the second day as a big group through the local twisties etc. Stayed another night of food and beverages and rode home the next day. It was fun to get to meet a few new riders and it was not bike specific. We had everything from a Duc to a Tiger.... Just curious? A days ride for me is about 8 hours in the saddle max.

Other suggestions welcomed.

Cheers

2. jackson

jackson New Member

Yes it is still cold here but I am ready for spring and to get out and ride. Did not winterize bike as It was so warm for the majority of winter got out for a few short rides.... Figure only chance would be to plan ahead could even be a bike event like bike week but obviously too late for that one....

3. jackson

jackson New Member

Bump

This is real and not a gu ride for the guys... What is up???

4. googus

googus New Member

ride

I am up for a ride any time when it is above 35 degreees. A bunch of us are heading out to PA on April 30th. Check out Sporttouring.net region 6 meet and eat thread. I live in Morris county so just let me know when and where you want to ride. Just have to arrand babysitter.
    Greg
    00 VFR

5. jackson

jackson New Member

Thanks and I will let you know. I tried the sporttouring.net and kept getting re-directed to a search engine. Can you attach the url.

thanks

6. googus

googus New Member

7. jackson

jackson New Member

Thanks I was missing the - ...
    I am in South Jersey Exit 2 on the Turnpike.... The roads are still crappy around here with sand and water etc from the weather...

8. googus

googus New Member

So you are near black horse pike and Woodbury?? My wife lived down there and I went to school in Mays Landing. Exit 2 is about 1hr 45min from me. Yeh the roads up here suck also. I try to stay on the major roads and I ride very slow. I just like to go out for a scoot every now and then nothing major. What type of VFR do you have?? I am going to put a touring screen, bright bulbs, and lower my bike soon for a winter project. I am getting restless I can't wait until I can twist my wife's arm and move south.
    Greg

9. jackson

jackson New Member

I have a red 04 vfr with abs. K&N as well as StainTune exhaust (no baffles). I am getting ready to install a PC for it shortly. Unfortunately I had a bad two months of garage incidents at home. First a wheel barrel that was hanging on my wall cracked and broke free from the rack and landed on my gas tank creating a nice ding or two. Second two months later while working on it on side stand it went over and nicked the right side faring. So I have to eventually clean up some of those items but like the bike and have thankfully not put it down on the street.

I grew up in Mt Laurel and am entertaining a job with Cendant up in Parsipanny so I may need to relo up north if I decide to go that path....

I ckd out the Sport Tour site and signed on. Pretty good site and looks like they are trying to get a ride together out to some bar in central PA that has 9lb burgers. I kind of know the area as I went to college briefly at Slippery Rock and remembered passing some of the roads they were talking about.

10. googus

googus New Member

Sorry to hear about your garage mishaps. It would be nice to have a fellow Vfr around mt parts. Believe it or not I do not see alot of VFRs around hear and I ride alot. I will be going to that 9lb burger bar I just have to get with some of the guys who are going from NJ. I would like to make a weekend out of it by going up on Saturday and buzzing around and hanging out. When the weather breaks we should try to get together alot of nice road up here( Sussex county)
    Greg

11. jackson

jackson New Member

Yeah I know my last bike was in the garage for 5 years never a problem not even with the kids. I go out buy a new bike and this s%&! happens. I know for some reason not a lot of VFRs in the states (but they sell over seas), I originally was set to buy the CRR RR but could not get comfortable on that or the R1 they had at the shop. So it was a bit of a spur of the moment purchase and they moved the most on the VFR. Had I shopped probably would have went for a leftover or low mile RC51. All in all a solid bike but performance lacks a bit when you consider what you pay in insurance because of its classification. Still fast enough to kill ya though. I find I run really well with the ever changing 600-650 class or in-experienced litre bike riders. You can tag the VFR with limited throttle control and keep the front down. I rode with a guy on a GSXR 1k last yr that talked so much shit but when we got out on the road he was afraid to death of the bike and could not keep the front end down when he got into it and he bailed on corners early as well.

I was thinking about heading to the burger ride as well but have to tell you that Sport-Tour is a great site but huge!!! I probably have only seen about 1/10th of it. Thanks for the heads up on the region six though that helped. Let me know if you are doing the burger ride and I may try to meet up with you guys if that is ok. It is either a very long day or a short two days depending on what I chose.

I was thinking a nice ride spot between us would be around New Hope / Lambertville and or Hamilton. Dont know the roads around there well but am open to a run up 95 (about an hour or so (bike speed) to get there and ride from there. You can email me at ojaxsun@yahoo.com.

Man I just realized I type some long ass posts...

Cheers