Concealed Carry Weapon on bike

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by MileHighInterceptor, Oct 20, 2008.

1. MileHighInterceptor

MileHighInterceptor New Member

Finally made it down to the county sheriff's office last week and applied for my Colorado Concealed Weapons Permit. Turns out they make it a pretty painless process, aside from the wait time, to acquire one if you were military and discharged within the last two years. All said and done it cost $152.50 (no class required with DD214) and should have the permit by January 16th.

I'm curious as to how many people out there have a CCW? How long for? What state? What do you carry? Would/do you carry on your bike?

2. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Good luck if your in Ca. unless your law enforcement they dont come to you that easy.

3. blkcruzer

blkcruzer New Member

Map
    I am in South Dakota, I got my Ruger SR9 last year, the concealed weapons permit cost me 10 bucks!! Good ole hillbilly country!! I have read up on CWP laws for my snowmobile and bike, they say the gun has to be completely enclosed, and ammunition has to be separate. I have gone to the shooting range a couple times on my bike, I just put ammo and clips under the seat and put the pistol in my backpack, I pull the barrel out of the gun just in case I get pulled over so they know I am not a gang banger or something dumb like that!!

4. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I have had my permit for about a year now. Haven't yet carried a concealed weapon, though. I do take my Glock .40, .38 Special, and Ruger .380 CCP on my bike to the range; ammo in one side case, handguns in the other (with locks on).

5. iwantmore316

iwantmore316 New Member

Map
    i have my cwp in ga . ive had mine since 2004. i carry on my bike. i wear a belly holster that keeps my gun in the back part of my pants. i tuck my shirt in front of it to keep it in plain sight. its werid whenever i do that no body wants to get on my ass. i got pulled over one time and the cop asked me why i had a gun i showed him my cwp and he let me go . in ga u can carry in plain site with no perment

6. HYPERTENSION

HYPERTENSION New Member

I live in Tennessee. I have had a concealed carry permit since the '90's. Every state writes it own laws. Read yours carefully and discuss with Local Law Enforcement Officers how they enforce it.
    The states I carry in (Tennessee and Louisiana) view the purpose of concealed carry as a means of self-defense. Pursuant to that purpose you carry a firearm in a configuration capable of defending yourself. The laws of both states are very clear on where you can't carry, but does not specify configuration.
    The South Dakota input sounds like specifications for transportation of a firearm (without a ccw). But I haven't read South Dakota legislation either.
    The down and dirty--

SIG P250c- Because I'm left handed and it's a fully ambidextrous weapon that fits ALL of my fit,function and performance requirements. It is after all a SIG :smile:
    Paddle holster- because it's comfortable and keeps the weapon secure and accessible.

Whatever you do. Make sure you have your permit on you when you carry!!

7. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    Wow, the states sound wierd....]
    I don't carry...no need.

Plus i'd rather carry a paint gun....that i can actually shoot at cars..

8. Carnage

Carnage New Member

I've had my CHL, concealed handgun license, in TX for about 6 years. I carry mine on me when I am on the bike except when I go to work. I work at a bank and don't think that would go over well...lol.

9. wolfs07vfr

wolfs07vfr New Member

I've had my Washigton State CWP since 1992. I'll carry my gun in my tank bag or in a paddle holster, depending on the situation. My choice of weapon depends on the circumstance. Either the Glock 23, S&W 642 or a Sringfield 1911. I've never carried a long gun on the bike. Might raise some eyebrows.

10. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    I wonder if the penalty for doing that is about equal to using a hand gun for the same purpose? :unsure:

11. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    If the communists would let me, I would carry my Glock 30, a compact .45. My jacket has an inside chest zippered pocket that is perfect for it.

12. wolfs07vfr

wolfs07vfr New Member

I would not recommend shooting at cars with a paintball gun. I don't know what it's like up in Canada, but in the US they might shoot back. But not with paint.

13. pghmailman

pghmailman New Member

I've had mine in Pa. for 20 years now. Can carry concealed anywhere in the state although I was warned that Philly thinks it has a different set of laws. Pa is also recognized in the following states.
    Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi,
    Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont,
    Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming

14. Slothrop

Slothrop New Member

15. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
  16. b1pig

b1pig New Member

i was gonna add that most of the states have a reciprocal(sp?) agreement.... something to be aware of. some places ( like the D.C. area ) are a no-firearms area... even for offduty cops.

17. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Can't tell you what I carry......................
    Beside the Fed is watching :Þ

18. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    You can get a concealed weapon permit here in Arizona but many just carry one unconcealed...no permit at all! Yee haa! It MUST be visible...even if partially concealed they will give you a hard time.
    Welcome to the Wild Wild West!
    :vader:

19. johnnyb

johnnyb New Member

i open and concealed carry. 1911A1

on the bike all the time, or where ever. don't leave home without one :)

20. VFRShorty

VFRShorty New Member

I personally do not have my concealed permit YET but it is high on the list of things that I want to do. Once I am able to go to one of the required classes I would carry with me everywhere. Until then, I am all for practicing open carry.