Convertibars

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Allemay, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Allemay

Allemay New Member

United States
    I did a lot of research on risers in the last few weeks and arrived at the following decision:

I think the Convertibars are a no brainer. They only cost a little bit more and off almost unlimited adjustability. If you want to you can set them up exactly like the Helibars without having to make any modifications to lines and cables, but have the option in the future to purchase the lines and cables and adjust them up and back further. I'm really surprised that more guys don't do this.

I just picked up a set of the convertibars from Steve (the owner) today. I'm only about 30 miles from him so I stopped by. He's a wonderful guy. Extremely helpful. I did purchase the extended lines but initially consider just purchasing the bars/risers and emulating the Helibar specs. For an extra $30-$50 you have the future capabilities of extending them further. I just got the brake, cluth, and throttle lines on today. Took about 2.5 hours. Probably looking at another 2 to finish it up.

Steve had them on his Gen.6 VFR800 and they were super comfortable. He had his waaaaaaaaay up, probably 3-4 inches over stock.

They list at $339 but I've seen them cheaper here and there including Amazon.

Like I said, no brainer in my opinion. I'll post some pictures when I get them installed on my '02 VFR800.

Brad from MN.

FYI - I have no relation to Convertibars. Just sharing what I've learned

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Cool bean looking forward to your write up. I think Stoshmonster and couple other use them. Most of us install heli bars when this is not available.

3. stoshmonster

stoshmonster New Member

The Super Adjustables.

Just a heads-up Scuba - I'm actually using the Gilles Tooling Variobars on my bike......

[​IMG]

.....which are quite a bit different from the Convertibars my friend.

[​IMG]

Agreed. I'd like to see a coupla pics of those Convertibars installed on a 6th gen. myself.

4. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Haha that damn bar look sick Stosh :love:
    Where are the review?

5. Allemay

Allemay New Member

United States
    If you look on the Convertibars Facebook page the owner has a good picture of them on his sixth gen VFR. I'll put together a bunch of pics of the install but it may be a week or two before I get it finished. Brad

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ConvertiBars?fref=ts