Corbin seat R&D

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by GreyVF750F, Aug 11, 2014.

1. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    I just bought a Corbin seat for my bird. So I got poking around Corbins site to see what else they have. I came across a section called "Googies". In there is a section called "Earn Freebies" where they list bikes they need for designing seats and stuff. They need a 2014 VFR.

Though you should be local to Hollister CA. But you can get a free seat out of it. Matter of fact for the bragging rights "The First Seat" for the 2014 VFR.

For those interested:http://www.corbin.com/free_gear.shtml . Check it out.

2. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    I've had a Corbin before and I'm not sure their free one would be worth the price. LOL

billyzoom likes this.
  3. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Read the link.

"If you let our R&D boyz borrow your bike, we'll give you the first production piece for free. Simple."

4. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    Yeah, I was just being a smart ass, in that I don't think even a free Corbin is worth it. Sarcasm just doesn't come across very well on the keyboard. Sorry.

5. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    Oh I get it. Missed that, sorry............

6. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    :lol:

+1

7. jdmbird83

jdmbird83 New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm not sure why so many of you hate on Corbin. I had one on my '94, and I've got one on my '06. IMO, they are much more comfortable for the long haul compared to the Sargents.

8. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    The Corbin I had was very heavy, not that comfortable because the seat design put me too far from the bars, the pillion seat part was rounded so much that the passenger constantly felt like they were about to fall off, it came with no hardware, and it broke even though it wasn't being used. When I talked to Corbin about the fact that the fiberglass base plate had broken into two pieces, they said they would fix it for me...all I had to do was send it back to them on my dime and all I had to pay for was shipping it back!! Such a deal.

My Corbin was for my Yamaha FJ1200, not the VFR. I didn't order a Corbin for my VFR because of my experience with the one for my FJ.

The Sargent fits well, needed no additional hardware, fits the passenger very well, is supremely comfortable to ride on, very lightweight, and looks good.

I don't "hate" Corbin, but I think they make a substandard product and don't support it well enough. And charge a premium for it.

9. mlap5150

mlap5150 New Member

United States
    Map
    Glad to hear Corbin is working on a seat for the '14. I sat on one at Indy last weekend, oh man what a plank...and I thought my 6th gen seat was bad...

10. jdmbird83

jdmbird83 New Member

United States
    Map
    Corbins always have a break in period as should all quality made leather saddles. It took nearly 5000 mile before I thought it felt like it was breaking in, and continues to get better.

11. GreyVF750F

GreyVF750F Member

United States
    Map
    the big reason for the Corbin is nobody else makes a seat for the BB. Not Sargent, I checked. Trying to find a local to make a touring seat for a sportish bike like Corbin/Sargent I feel is a real crap shoot. Plus the price came down $100 to $393 from a month ago. Didn't think that was bad. My last Corbin lasted a long time before I had to restuff it. It worked good for me.

12. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    There is one alternative to hard seats that are uncomfortable. Only $39.95 + S&H for a 30 day supply.

www.squishybutt.com

I would also read the Corbin offer very carefully. The first production seat may be free but they might keep the bike. Also, what if that first production seat is some crappy color they used to get rid of some old vinyl? Or ya find oot that Corbins are now being made in Nigeria.