Corbin Vs. Sargent

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Brit, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Brit

Brit New Member

First I would like to say Hello. I am new to this Forum and have really enjoyed it. I sold my V-Rod a couple of weeks ago and I am picking up my 06 VFR 11/18. I plan on getting a new seat and was curious what evryone suggests. A friend of mine has both seats and he likes the sargent better yet another friend insists on his Corbin

Thanks
    Brit

2. WVFR

WVFR New Member

3. d-insider

d-insider New Member

I have the Sargent and I love it. It has a storage compartment on the bottom of it. Fits and looks great. Much more comfortable.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    sargent usually wins out on here, but the best bet is to give both a try yourself

5. MrDe

MrDe New Member

+Good advice! I understand the corbin takes some breaking in, whereas, the sargent ????

6. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I've used both on my VFR & the Sargent:first:, no contest. We used to have a Corbin on the Wife's 89 Hawk GT & she refused to ride on it, it was that uncomfortable. Have since had the stock seat re-done by Sargent & Ebay'd the Corbin. Great customer service & top-notch workmanship on the recover I must say.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

7. TheMadChef

TheMadChef New Member

United States
    Map
    I have had both untill seargent started making seats back in 1999. Now that's all I will put my but on the line for. Last summer Phoenix to Laguna Seca, non stop. All my other friends on the liter class bikes had to stop for the night, what a bunch of wussy's

8. POPS RACING

POPS RACING New Member

I too have had both. Street or track, Sargent. My Corban was a rock and customer service was, well its Christmas..This last summer I rode 700 miles and some change in 14 hours, Only a little sore, I'm 45... Speed Safe

9. Larry Rogers

Larry Rogers New Member

I went with Corbin, It did take a while to break in , couple hundred miles. It would not stay locked locked on at first, and it was hard to get the seat cowl to fit. It broke in pretty fast. I am 5'-9" and it is perfect for me , I can ride indefinitely seems like. It is a little hard but for long rides it seems to give better support, it is a little harder to hang off.
    I suspect a Sargent seat is just as comfortable as they both have the same tractor seat shape. I picked the Corbin as it was the same price 340.00 as the Sargent, Has leather seating surfaces, and they seem to sell faster and bring more money
    on Ebay when sold used.

10. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    I've had great luck and service from both. Most of my seats are Corbins, but we have an extra seat pan for the family VTR 250 Interceptor and a Sargent retro would be nice!:biggrin:

11. JoeAsheville

JoeAsheville New Member

Map
    I had both, and felt that the Corbin suited my riding style better. The Sargent was covered in a faux weave material that was incredibly slick, and I found myself tired on longer rides because I kept having to push myself off the tank repeatedly. Also, on larger bumps and bridge expansion joints the Sargent's springier foam literally threw me (bounced) onto the tank, which got very uncomfortable after a while. The Corbin is not made of springy foam and has a neutral riding position, and also is covered in material that is somewhat grippy so none of the problems I had with the Sargent surfaced.

Be aware that the Corbin is a one user seat that requires break-in to the user's shape. If more than one person uses the seat or it is not allowed time to break in, then the material will not conform properly and will cause the problems described by KC-10. However once allowed to properly break in it's a good saddle.

On the stock seat I had problems within 50 miles...the Sargent allowed me about 250 miles in a day...now that I have Corbins I regularly do 1250-1500 miles in a weekend, and those are not slab miles...those are in the mountain twisties.

Good luck in your decision. The best advice is to try each to determine what fits you best.