counterfeit cars

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by ZonaMan, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

I am just venting and making fun of stoopid people in the following post. I live in the SW and notice various jackasses driving around in rebadged cars. Are these people so goddam stoopid to think that they are fooling anyone? What makes people do this?

My most recent sightings are: A Kia Sorento rebadged with Lexus icons, a Chevy Silverado with SS badges, Cadillac wings on gas door cover, and a nice big Escalade badge on the gate. That is not the only Chevy truck I have seen these retards do this to either. I have even seen an old Maxima with Mercedes badges.

Do you see this in other parts of the country? What do you think of these morons? :confused:

2. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    Yup, see it all the time; Escalade front clips on Chevy pick ups & Suburbans etc. Seen Ford Ranger emblems on an S-10, Lexus Badges on Toyota's. Dump trucks w/ small litre engine w/ Cummins signature 600 badges on the hood. Stupid yes, harmless yes; what ever make them feel good I guess.

3. Gears

Gears New Member

My neighbor has a Ford Police Interceptor badge on a Honda Element. Yeah, he is a whack job.

4. Spike

Spike New Member

Never see that, maybe it is a mid-west thing?

and what is the difference between an Escalade and a Silverado anyway? $20k? that's about it ;-)

Spike<< wouldn't be caught dead in an Escalade

5. Kevin_70

Kevin_70 New Member

I worked in the service department at a Toyota dealer when in college, I'd have goof balls all the time asking to add the TRD stickers/badges to anything and everything. Funniest one I remember was a TRD supercharger badge and sticker kit this guy had us put on his Toyota Echo.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Here's one that kind of like that but a little different. There is a guy here in town that drives an old multi-colored car (rust/yellow/blue/primer, etc) And he has the old expired vanity plates that say HOT ROD mounted just below his current tags. I think it's an old Charger but I can't remmebr for sure. I believe it even has a spoiler. My wife works close to the apt he lives in and she says the ladies where she works all laugh because he washes and waxes it. They call it the "joe dirt car".