Custom fairings!

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by connah250r, Feb 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. connah250r

connah250r New Member

United States
    Map
    My custom CBR250RR (MC22) inspired fairings finally came in and I’m very proud of how it came out! That’s all I have to say, I’ll let the photos speak for themselves. F841388B-3694-4527-8808-AB132F19E5EB.jpeg 0FF6E1E2-C147-4721-8E5B-D2D6845138F3.jpeg CC1FF664-77E0-43D4-9C47-D3B04F1A7312.jpeg 86152606-29C7-422B-BEAC-E16FDF5057CA.jpeg 35AB291C-1DE0-4EEB-8DD7-A367B6B2895F.jpeg AFDEB65B-B40E-476F-9CB5-4C497D374A94.jpeg
    I plan on wrapping the gas tank white when I get the chance. But first… fork seals. :(

t.er, Thumbs, Steampunk and 1 other person like this.
  2. Xavier Hebert

Xavier Hebert New Member

Canada
    Where did you order them and how was the fitment? I'm also looking for fairings for my 5th gen and have been disappointed in the past by a vendor.

Thank you!

3. connah250r

connah250r New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought from https://www.lkkmotor.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_79_148&products_id=203
    same as FairingMaster i think
    you get what you pay for so the fitment didn't seem perfect to me but it works
    (also, if possible use your old bolts, their hardware kit isn't very good)

4. t.er

t.er New Member

United States
    Damn that's an insane price! How much was it to your door? I just plopped down $380 for a full Italian red fairing set with shipping included. Maybe I should've ordered from there instead

Also, did you have to buy anything else to fit them? I got a bunch of M5 well nuts off eBay, not sure if I'm missing anything else. I plan to reuse all my old bolts

5. connah250r

connah250r New Member

United States
    Map
    $426.80, all in all. I think 20 or so of which was for their shitty hardware kit. The kit works, but... looking back, id rather get a good quality kit, these bolts strip and break easily. (Currently sitting with the threads of a bolt who's head broke off sitting in my front fender bolt slot. Thanks, fairingmaster.)

t.er likes this.
  6. t.er

t.er New Member

United States
    Yeah, good to know. Also, what windshield is that, is it also a Chinese one? My fairing kit came with one but fitment (at least on the bench) seems quite bad. I might just reuse the OEM windshield

7. connah250r

connah250r New Member

United States
    Map
    It's a Givi. I can't really get it to mount right with these new fairings. Half the screws won't go in, so it nearly flew off on me the other day. I wish I had a stock one, but the previous owner completely blacked it out, like solid black, so I can't see out of it. I wish I bought this sodding bike from literally anyone else...

8. connah250r

connah250r New Member

United States
    Map
    another side note, the front fender they gave me seems like it rubs against my tire. I have it off for right now, I'd like to fab something to raise it up just a little before i get a rock in my oil cooler.

9. t.er

t.er New Member

United States
    Suffice it to say fitment is hot garbage and my bike is now 2 colours (Italian red tank, then some lighter more 'orangey' red for the rest). Same issue with front fender rubbing the tire. I think if I could go back I wouldn't have gone this route of getting cheap aftermarket fairings for the sole purpose of trying to preserve the relatively clean OE ones I have.

Oh well, OE ones will go on the wall in my living room and make pretty decent wall art