Decent Rides In NE FL??

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by kfera, May 9, 2007.

1. kfera

kfera New Member

ok, first off, great website. truly. i've had my '00 VFR (Y2K, was this a honda exec inside joke or something?)for about a month now. i came from an '86 zx1000. great bike, but, huge and heavy!! what a change. i don't think i could be happier with the upgrade. i have my 'tunes high-mount on the way!! also, i just found out that the Sargent factory is a mere 40 minutes away in Jax, FL! the one thing i could really now, use is some gosh darn decent roads!! is anyone familiar with the roads around here (Fernandina Beach, FL). anyways, hello everybody, thanks for cultivating such a productive site. i'll give some pics and such soon. see ya on the road!!

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    welcome to the site. we're glad to have you here. you'll enjoy that sargent seat if you decide to get one. I did over 300 miles todayon mine and I can still feel my butt!

3. AKmik

AKmik New Member

I hope someone will chime in on this one and give up some good info.

I am in Jax FL. So far the best info I have is the ride from here down along the beach to St Augustine RT A1A. It is a nice early morning ride, but the traffic tends to be heavy later in the day.

95 is just a dull hot straight run from here to forever(north or south), pine trees and palmetto.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will have something better to add.

see ya

Mike

4. FlemIslander

FlemIslander New Member

I like to ride down US13 South (San Jose) down past the Outback Crab Shack. I take it down to CR 207. Turn right and ride into Palatka and come back up US17 North. Or turn left on CR 207 and head into St. Augustine. You will also cross under I-95 if you're done and ready to head home. I live in Fleming Island so I pickup US13 south of the congested area. You can get onto San Jose off I-295.

5. steven113

steven113 New Member

Welcome!!!

6. navyhelodrvr

navyhelodrvr New Member

Sorry it took me two+ months to welcome you but welcome. Getting a ride together for SUnday, 4 Jan. Meeting at Gate Gas station at San Jose (HW13) and Racetrack at 9:30 for a ride down to Ocala for lunch. Anyone in the NE FL area is welcome. See you at 9:30 if interested.