Delkevic Exhaust on my 2014 VFR800 (Video)

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by mkulrey13, Mar 21, 2017.

1. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    Hello all, I recently installed my Delkevic Exhaust on my VFR and couldn't be happier. Below is a video i threw together as i am trying to start a YouTube channel. My editing isn't the best but i enjoy working with premier and editing videos. Please Subscribe as i plan on making a lot of videos on my VFR. I will say, this exhaust is awesome and to me looks great. This is the DL10 Carbon. Also my hoodie is from a Motovlogger "Arson Rides" on YouTube. Strictly a garage hoodie!

Video: https://youtu.be/nDwRQ4zhfl8

[​IMG]

2. Check6

Check6 New Member

United States
    Map
    Very cool! Sounds JUST like mine!! I have the stainless version of the same pipe. Great sound and thanks for the vid.

3. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Haha - loved the "better than CBR" reference :glee: Your bike looks and sounds great! I have the same bike with mini version of same Delk exhaust and couldn't be happier. Did you take the baffle out for the vid or leave it in? What kind of brake flasher do you have - I liked how I could see yours working all the way down the road - I should probably get one of those. Is that a Glock 19/27 I see peeking out of your wasteband? :witless: Subscribed.

4. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    That reference was for my friends as most ride CBR's. I remember watching your video on your exhaust which is what got me to delkevic. My brake flasher ill link below. Cheap ebay find i put on all my Street and dirt bikes. Works great with no issues. As for the gun, Its a Glock 43 9mm :).

LED Brake Flasher: Click Here - Ebay

5. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    Wow - $5.30 for the flasher is a deal - thanks! Nice Glock although Hitler is apparently not a huge fan of the 43 :glee: I've got several Glocks but when I do ccw (usually just for my trips to Miami :glee: ) I carry an LCP w/crimson trace because it's so small and light even compared to my 26 and 42.

[video=youtube;D477eDWyAyI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D477eDWyAyI[/video]

6. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    Have you done any Tune work with your slip on or not yet?

7. GatorGreg

United States
    Map
    I have not had any tune done after putting the Delk on. Between the slight hp boost (if I can believe Delk's dynochart) and the 7 pound weight loss she seems to be running faster/better than ever!

Did you happen to do an install vid for your brake flasher?

8. mkulrey13

mkulrey13 New Member

Map
    I have not, I probably should, there really isn't any videos out on how to do stuff on these bikes.

9. Mad Doctor

Mad Doctor New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry to resuscitate an old thread. Thinking of a getting a used Delkevic exhaust but it's the long 14" version (I simply hate these long pipes that hide the SSA). I'm hoping to cut it a little (not sure how many inches yet).

So my questions are
    1) Will the baffle still be able to go in (any idea on the length of the baffle)?
    2) Any potential issues performance wise with this?

Thanks.

10. mikem317

mikem317 New Member

United States
    Honestly, I would just buy the size pipe you want. They're pretty inexpensive to begin with.

Not sure the size of the baffle itself. I ended up using to pass NH state inspection the first time with the Delkevic. Subsequent times I just left it in. No problems passing.