Diablo Strada's

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by daffy67, Mar 9, 2007.

1. daffy67

daffy67 New Member

Map
    I've had a couple of 'moments' riding recently that left me a little less confident about the BT 020 fitted on the VFR, the tyres the bike came with.
    Having travelled 9700klm on them it was time for a change, so i went with Pirelli Diablo Strada's
    A sport/touring tyre as i don't plan to do any track days only the odd weekend ride, and i commute to work also.
    I'll be running 38psi rear/36 psi front as recommended vs. the 42/36 the 020 had. It's great when you get new tyres, it makes the handling back to what it should be, and the braking feel is that little bit more responsive.

http://www.pirellimoto.com.au/products/product.aspx?prd_ID=5

2. slugfest

slugfest New Member

Yea, the change in tyres is always an intesting upgrade from old worn out slippers. Instantly made the thing turn in etc...
    Interesting how the argument of 'sport' vs 'sports touring'... when can you really do a sports tyre real justice on the road ?

Keep well

Slugfest

3. Hopsterman

Hopsterman New Member

Australia
    Map
    Michelin Pilot Road

Ive just put a set of michelin pilot road sport touring tyres on (1000km ago), and they seem to grip fine. I think ill get a whole lot more kms out of these than the dunlop qualifiers i had on.

It was a choice between these and the Dunlop 220

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I'm running on Pirelli Diablo Corsas with 33lbs front and rear, works really well for me.