difficult to navigate

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by cordodor, Apr 27, 2009.

1. cordodor

cordodor New Member

I'm a n00b here, but am a frequenter of several other forums. This site, while having a number of very cool features like the chat and classifieds, is very difficult to navigate. Why can't I access my user settings from anywhere? why is there no link to the forums from the main site?

thanks for lookin into this.

2. drewl

drewl Insider

United States
    Map
    Just click on your own screen name and it should take you to you profile.
    Or, click on your name underlined in the upper right hand corner for the same results.
    To get to forums, just click on "forums" on the tool bar along the top of the page a drop down menu will allow you links from there.
    Happy surfing.

3. cordodor

cordodor New Member

4. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    I'm a retard when it comes to computers and web pages....but this is an easy on to navigate.........everything you need is across the top: home forums photos VFR info Community market place Site info My settings

all you have to do is place your curser over the title and the drop down menu(if it has one) will drop, then look at those links...pretty straight forward

5. cordodor

cordodor New Member

i'm thinking that my Google Chrome browser just really doesn't like this site. lemme try in firefox.

6. cordodor

cordodor New Member

WOW. yeah, i totally am missing that whole toolbar in Google Chrome. Well, chalk that one up to the incompatibility list.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    it is a little different here at vfrworld. we have tried to maintain a relatively easy forum to navigate but off useful tech bits. we sacrificed a little in speed for added convenience much like the VFR. I think you'll find that once you familiarize with the site, the navigation is pretty decent. We offer about 3 ways to accomplish every task and pretty much all of them can be accessed from the main page.

for example: On the main page underneath your avatar, you can click New Posts to see the new messages since your last vist, Way over on the right, you can see a short list of Recent posts and click on any of them, or, you can place you cursor over the "Forums" in the red menu bar and the drop down will give you search options which has todays posts, new posts, last 3 days etc. This give our users the option to use VFRworld however seems easiest to them. If you continue to have problems, feel free to ask for help. There is usually someone hanging out on here that'll try and point you in the right direction...