Do '02's have more problems?

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by ICE_Pro, Jun 13, 2006.

1. ICE_Pro

ICE_Pro New Member

I have been doing some shopping around the Twin Cities and most of the Interceptors for sale both privately and from dealers seem to be '02's. Finding newer models and fifth gen bikes for sale is MUCH harder. Why would this be? :confused: I have a friend with a 5000 mile '02 that I could get for $5500, but I'm afraid of buying a lemon year. Does anyone have any advice? Should I continue looking for the pristine 5th gen that I origionally had in mind? Thanks in advance.

2. NYMBYSS

NYMBYSS New Member

United States
    my 02 was perfect before some asshole hit and killrd it i have a 03 now.

3. seadooloo

seadooloo New Member

No problems with my 02, I have had the stator upgrade recall done but nothing else has been a problem. I am waiting for the subframe recall to be sure I get a replacement and not a repair. If it does not show any signs of cracks they only stabilize the one you have but if it shows cracks then they replace it. This is just what I was told, so take it for what it's worth.

4. Webbfire2004

Webbfire2004 New Member

Map
    No pronlems to report here...I have been very happy with my 02.

5. bmany

bmany New Member

7000K on my '02. Ride n. Ga. Mts. every weekend. Runs solid, and strong. Also spent 2 days on the track at Barber. Bumping the rev limiter didn't faze it. Reg Pridgemore rides the same bike in his schools. Guess it's good enough for me if it's ok for him.

6. NAGA

NAGA New Member

My 02 just died on me today. I am hoping it is just the stator on recall or the regulator/rectifier. I purchased it 3 weeks ago and the previous owner had replaced the battery because of some "unknown" charging problem. Hopefully I will get her back soon as I am heading on a 16 day trip from Vancouver B.C. to Alaska and back in five days!!