Dyno Jet - Power Commander for 2014-15 VFR800

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I did see the Dyno Jet Power commander available. I plan to stay stock on (airbox & Exhaust) right now. I would like to know if any of you 8th gen have bought this for the bike and did it make a difference for those that are stock configured. It claims to add fuel economy and reduce engine heat due to the stock setting being overly rich on the fuel settings without it. I posted this before the 600 mile break-in, but After 1729 miles on the bike in 2 months I still see the indications of a rich fuel mixture on the exhaust (Very Black and sooty) The Commander is $329.00 + an optional add on for sport tourers for changing altitude's frequently at $129. Is this really worth $500+ dollars for "This" Bike? True sport bikes and thouse that use a bike for racing, but what are your thoughts or experience on standard to sport-touring mode. I could add on a Slip on change the air box and filter, but that would add another $800+ then adding on the power commander, I'm up to $1500.00 US.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    I see that no one on the 8th gen responded to this. I would appreciate any input even if it was "Hey Rookie VFR rider....";-) Christmas is coming and I am looking for something that will be other than clothes or underwear!;-)

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    There is a guy on the vfr800 FB site that installed a Rabid bike version and saw great numbers.

4. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Power Commander 5's on sale at MotoMummy right now....$269.00.