Dyno'ed VFR and PCV question

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Zoober, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Zoober

Zoober New Member

Put my VFR on the dyno yesterday, I was impressed with the results. Did 95.71 at the rear. I have gutted exhausts and a K&N filter. Holy shit, she sounded good :D

Figured I'd pull the trigger on a PCV. My question is, which map would be best for that sort of setup? No, I'm not expecting impressive gains, or even gains for that matter, just figured I'd fix the herky jerky fueling down low. Judging by what people say about it, it's money well spent.

A friend, familiar with PCV's, suggested running it with a Two Brother's or Leo Vince tune, since those are pretty free flowing exhausts.. Thoughts? And no, an actual exhaust is not going to happen. I've been running debaffled for 35k miles and it still puts a smile on my face. Not to mention, I 've heard aftermarket exhausts on this bike and generally have no been impressed by them. At least not enough to shell out $500+.

Thanks guys!

2. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Should be mapped on a dyno.

3. VFR777

VFR777 New Member

Map
  4. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    I'm interested in how things work out with this new map. I have the same setup but have not yet gutted the exhaust. that's happening later this summer. I'm also not looking for power gains ( although that would be an awesome side benefit) I just want a little more exhaust noise and am not wanting to spend for the new exhaust.

5. Zoober

Zoober New Member

I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely love it, and I don't think you'll regret it. Took me about 5 hours of grunt work, it wasn't easy. But everything came out, even the packing. I have lost count the number of compliments on the sound of the bike. Like I said, still puts a smile on my face every time I start it.

6. Zoober

Zoober New Member

[video]https://video-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtp1/v/t42.1790-2/11652696_10101597057920297_415167913_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjUyNywicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=527&vabr=293&oh=64e30e680dc3459fe25692b1bae38c2f&oe=55A1A030[/video]

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Mapped on a dyno is definately the way to go. About $300 for a good tune but you saved more than that not buying a new can. Peak HP #'s may not be a big gain but the smoothness of the throttle and the HP and torque you pick up all over the rpm range is way worth it.

8. Zoober

Zoober New Member

I may look into that! Still have to get my valves and throttle bodies spec'ed out. Waiting to gather up some funds.