EBC FA261HH fitment for 2007VFR

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by bb2647, Mar 9, 2019.

1. bb2647

bb2647 New Member

United States
    Map
    I had planned to replace my front brake pads with the subject pads. Taking the old pads out was simple as was compressing the caliber, but putting the EBC's in was a pain...so much so I just put the old ones back in. What it boiled down to is that I could get the pin back through the holes of the EBC's. I'd compressed the spring as much as I could but the hole was still not lined up. After an hour fighting this I put the old pads back, which took 2 minutes (so I know I have the process right). Also, good news, the stock pads had more left than I thought so I have time before I NEED to replace the pads.

Before putting the factory ones back, I lined up the pads side by side and the EBC is shorter; while I'm sure they work based on the reviews on this and others sites, is there a trick I'm missing? Any help is appreciated...(and if I have the wrong pads then I've got a set for sale :) )

If there is another thread on the subject I couldn't find it - maybe I'm bad at searching also...

Bike: 2007 VFR, no ABS

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  3. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
  4. bb2647

bb2647 New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks! Problem solved and back to Amazon they go. - at least the set I didn't open. As suggested, I will save them for the rear. I appreciate the links and info … and quick response.

5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

BTW, prior to 2006, the pads you have did fit the front on 5&6 Gens, Honda changed the front calipers in 2006, thus the different pad numbers for your 2007.

6. bb2647

bb2647 New Member

United States
    Map
    Good to know. I'll keep that in mind for future parts as well. That's what I get for looking for "6th gen" brake pads. Usually I'm more methodical when looking for parts; lesson learned.