Elecrronics problems

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by Chrioos, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Chrioos

Chrioos New Member

Norway
    Hi

Was thinking of posting my problem here before i made any purchase.
    I had problem with my voltage regulator and I switched it but also had to switch my battery and som light bulbs.
    But now im having this issue that the bikes electroics are all dead even with battery voltage, the lights are flickering and now it wont start at all with the starter, i have to push it to start it but all the electric is flickering now. Is it the coil or do anyone know what the isue may be?

Thanks for all the answeers i get:)
    -Chris

2. Wiggo

Wiggo New Member

United Kingdom
    OK, first off:

What year/generation bike?
    Do you have a multimeter?

Ignition on, lights off: what voltage across the battery terminals?
    Ignition on, lights on: what voltage across the battery terminals? Are the lights on?
    Have you checked all the fuses?

3. Chrioos

Chrioos New Member

Norway
    My bike is a 1994 vfr f 750.

I do have a multimeter and will check the voltage between the terminals with and without lights. Ive checked the main fuse only.

It all started after the voltage regulator went to sh**, and then the blinkers started flickering fast on high rpm. And some times when i tried to start it wouldnt respond and then it responed. And now it's all dead, can't start it with the starter and when I drive it with push start all the elerctronics in the dash is flickeing and the blinkers is constant with light. (not blinking)

To me it seems some electronic part also got fried when the voltage regulator went down, and it just got worse and worse to this point where its dead?
    (tried with a new voltage regulstor as well)

Thanks for the answeer:)

4. Wiggo

Wiggo New Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah, so no EFi to worry about, so you can push start it and the ignition works well enough. If the rest of the dash is flickering and the indicators are going faster with speed, then it sounds like you have lost the regulator or maybe the stator.

The dash flickering sounds like the voltage is too low, and that could also explain the indicators flashing too fast, but once you measure battery voltages we will know more. Good luck.

5. Chrioos

Chrioos New Member

Norway
    I think your spot on with the stator, will measure the wires going from the stator as well. Thank you for the time:)

6. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    RAEVA MI VERKER !

inspect the plug on top of the starter relay for melting/burning an d fix as necessary. find and cleanan all ground points.

july 1 2019 015.JPG

july 1 2019 021.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2019