Electric Wiring - Simplify

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Rune, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Rune

Rune New Member

Norway
    Vfr 750 FG Interceptor, 1986. Any experiece with simplifying the electric system?

There is a lot of fuses and stuff in the front end, and I would like to get in simplified.:drunk:

Br
    Rune

2. NormK

NormK New Member

Not a lot you can do about it, most of the wires in there are needed and so are the fuses. Fuses you could reduce down to one at the battery but if you ever have a problem you will struggle to find out which circuit is your problem

3. ragincanadian

ragincanadian New Member

Why?

I had considered running wires through the frame and hiding as much electrical under the seat as I could. After cracking into the fiddly bits I quickly realized there was little/no justification for spending that much time on it. Honda did a perfectly fine job finding places for everything.

4. redwing750

redwing750 New Member

If ya own a bike long enough, paring down some of the complexity will happen by itself.

Just work on small portions of the system as needed, that way you won't bite off too much- and can eliminate exactly what you want. You can always give each +feed it's own fuse if you need to relocate, but ONE circuit at a time :)