Escape from Texas

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by SLOav8r, May 2, 2007.

1. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Few more pictures from the trip to Midland, TX. Had to go out there and bring a plane back to California. My overnight trip took 4 days because of thunderstorms/sandstorms and a blown fuel pump, so I got stuck in Midland for two extra days while the part came from Kansas.

Wish I could have got some picture of the weather/sandstorms, but it was a little tough with the autopilot being all wonky, turbulence, etc...

Somewhere between Phoenix and Blythe.
    [​IMG]

Paintshop in Midland.
    [​IMG]

Fillup BEFORE I discovered the fuel pump seized up.
    [​IMG]

San Jacinto Peak (Palm Springs)
    [​IMG]

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Dan, the pic of the mirror has me confused. Where is that on the plane? Where are you? That doesn't look like you in the window. Are you are the far side leaning up and holding the cam towards the window? Terri likes the pic of the mountain. You ready to ride yet? I was thinkin bout a day trip to Solvang to mess around. You ever go to the motorcycle museum down there?

3. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

It's under the right wing, aimed at the plane so the pilot an visually check that the right main gear and the nose gear are down. The left main gear is visible out the pilot side window. Zoomed in it made for a pretty trick shot. That's the broker in the passenger seat, I was flying it back to california for the owner.

The viffer's got some issues. New RR, brand new fully charged battery, barely cranks fast enough to start... Wasn't motivated enough to diagnose it...

However, I did take out my frustrations with a bucket of water and some motul wash. It is now the cleanest non-running 5th gen in California!
    [​IMG]

Solvang sounds good. Should be around Sunday, off again on Tuesday.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    off sat. working sun. hmm... scheduling is just not our forte lately... maybe off tues though, and weekday rides are more wide open... ok, off tues. we should do something. you like solvang? I'm game for pretty much anywhere. Terri has plans for painting here and I'd rather be long gone for that! (or else I get drafted) Hell, if you have a dirtbike, I'm game to head out to Pozo even. I haven't ridden out there in a while.

5. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Thinking a Tuesday ride is going to be best... I just found I'm going to be too hung over sunday to function effectively.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    ok, let's tentaviely schedule a Tues ride. Now I think on the road by 9a and do how many miles? 150-250? What sounds good to you? I'm gonna ask a couple others to see if they are off but I'm thinking it'll just be us prob...

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Cool pic's thanks for sharing. so you like em those stands for a VFR?

8. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Yah, none of the bikes have their center stands on, so they're way helpful. I think it's Pit Bull's standard sportbike frontstand. And the pin in the rear stand fits the K12S, then reverses and fits the VFR.

There's cheaper stuff out there, but they're nowhere near the strength and quality of the Pit Bull stands.

9. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Thats a sweet bike! I'd never do it but looks good without stand. Glad everything was ok with the plane...you flyboys do have some stones, I'd be scared sh!tless up there in a plane that small, I guess you get used to it.

10. SLOav8r

SLOav8r New Member

Thanks! The previous owner had removed the stand. I don't know life WITH the center stand, so it's not a big miss for me. Very clean looking though.

The day I'm not afraid to fly is the day I stop flying. A little bit of fear keeps you on your toes, doing your cross-checks and prevents mistakes... The little planes aren't so bad... Most of what I've had to fly I'd be very confident putting friends/family in. That's the big test right there.