Exhaust Option

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

:-/

I just bought an 03 VFR and I love it. The only wish I have is to be able to hear that sweet motor a bit more.
    After looking closely at my bike I had and idea and would like some suggestions. Looking at the exhaust canisters I noticed the 4 exhaust pipes are just tubes a few inches in length. My idea is to shorten them or remove completly. My concern is that this could hurt performance????
    I know many have replaced the stock exhaust with slip ons that are pretty much straight threw with only slight improvements to performance. I would rather keep the stock look.

Please help I get a different answer from everyone.

Tx

2. Flyinrc2

Flyinrc2 New Member

buy aftermarket pipes for the bike.............I bet it would cost you way more to replace the stock pipes after you butcher them, especially if you don't like the outcome!!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Check out the site VFRdiscussion.com. Some guy there removed the baffles from his stock exhaust successfully & loves it.

4. waldrm

waldrm New Member

Staintune pipes will give you a distinctive look and sound while removing 20 pounds of stock ugly.

5. mtradtke

mtradtke New Member

I took my stock exhaust off this past week and drilled two one inch holes in each end cap. Sounds great!! Most of the info was on vfrdiscussion.com. ;D

Michael

6. Guest

Guest Guest

If you're adventurous try the stock mod others mentioned from vfrdiscussion.com. I did put the Staintunes on mine and *love* them, but they just jumped WAY UP in price ($900+) so I don't know if I would by them again.