Figured out my 500 and picked up a 700

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Wands434, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Wands434

Wands434 New Member

United States
    Well if any of you remember I had a hell of a issue with my 86 vf500. I got vary fed up stuck it in my storage unit to teach it a lesson and see if it would fix its self. Well it did not. But after clearing my mind and pulling it out of storage and starting from scratch I think I figured it out.

Quick flash back. I blew the motor. Purchased a motor that had a 10 min YouTube video of it running. I put it in my bike and with my carbs and it is hard to start and when it gets to temp rolls more smoke than a steam engine.

That's when I got upset and had cloudy vision.

I pulled the bike out and started with a fresh mind. Fired it up and let it run. Still smokes. But it was like raw fuel. And a lot. White black smoke. Make your eyes water. I pulled the plugs. 3 where ok and one was damp. I pulled the carbs and scoped the intake valves. Clean and looking good. I scoped the cylinders. 3 clean and bone dry. And one was soaked. Left rear. I took my carbs and turned them over on a absorbent fuel pad and black crud came out of the LR carb. Had the carbs ultrasonic cleaned. And hopefully this weekend put them in.

But in the mean time I picked up a vfr700. Got this in the spring. Have put 5000 miles on it so far. I really love it. I'm going to get the 500 going for my wife to learn on. And for me to occasionally ride. After the first blown motor I feel it would be better off if she rides it lol. So here it is. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind_Surfer and marriedman like this.
  2. Mind_Surfer

Mind_Surfer New Member

United States
    Nice motorcycle

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Wands434 likes this.
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Good choice. Hard wire your rectifier, install a parallel switch for the fuel cut and fan and ride the piss out of it.

4. Wands434

Wands434 New Member

United States
    Aside from rectifier I have no idea what your talking about. Lol

5. Wands434

Wands434 New Member

United States
    Next on the list is a 86 1000r. Maybe next year. But this 700 is a blast.