First Solo Ride review going to Flaming Gorge Ut.

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Bubba Utah, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bubba Utah

Bubba Utah Member

Map
    IMG_1204.jpg IMG_1205.jpg

Well, My first ride on the VFR over 60 miles Overview- The Negatives "THE SEAT" after 150 miles it was very painful and I had to stop frequently. And the "Foot pegs", I will definitely have to have to get the foot peg lowing kit that was posted by a member, and a Corbin Seat when I can afford one. The Positives- Bike was amazing going solo for 653 miles round trip (including a short 60 mile jaunt to Colorado. Damn nice roads on route 40 after Vernal, UT. I haven't gone that way into Colorado, and will have to go back just for the newly paved roads to hit 131+MPh) She rode hard and true like you all know, amazing torque and mid range. Shifting was smooth and I kept her in 3rd-5th gear doing 55-101mph. Handling was good, but I think that was due to my muscle memory having a 10yr absence of a long sweeping and technical rides. I will definitely have to take a advanced riding course to be more confident riding, and not a nescience having to ride in the middle of the pack with a group ride. The aftermarket 1.25 inch bar risers added to my comfort! Minus the other shortcomings for "me" that I found. I averaged 38.8 mpg back and 43.5 up. I appreciate the suggestions that I could add to the bike prior to going and look forward to those in the future. Thanks, Guys and Gals! If you have not ridden Utah Scenic route 191 I would suggest it if you are riding in the Utah, Wyoming area.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016