Fl red warning illiuminates when using hi or low beam

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by mohamedadel811, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mohamedadel811

mohamedadel811 New Member

my problem appeared a week ago, i have a 2000 VFR800, when i start the motorbike every thing is ok, then when turning on the low beam headlight, the Fl illuminates, and the rpm decreases for a sec and comes to the normal again, also when blinking or turn on the high beam, it could stops the engine even while am riding on speed, and the Fl light illuminates, in the case of am not turning on the lights when i blink it does the same problem
    also when iam trying to turn left or right with the turn switch the Fl illuminates but its not very red i mean ( hope u got it )
    he Fl illuminates sometimes with grabbing the brakes (with the brake light)
    but shutting down the engine happens only when am using the high or low beam headlight
    other wise, every thing is ok when am not using any lights and then the motorbike runs great, any solution coz iam fed up?

2. CeAlJo

CeAlJo New Member

It sounds as you have an electrical problem, in form of earth fault. I have a similar problem on my bike but the problem is showing itself as FI light glowing sometimes. It goes away when I shut off the headlight and also shows itself when blinking with the hi beam. I confirmed this fault last weekend on my bike.
    I was checking on other forums and found the following threads about similar glitches. Maybe these can help you remove the problem:
    link1
    link2

3. mohamedadel811

yeah thx , i found some kind of link under the rear cowl, its an orange one, i dissemble it and the used the moist off spray, then it works great thx bodies
    but i have another problem, sorry :D, i have a problem with my rear brake , its spongy, i tried more than one to take the air bubbles of the brake system, it doesnt work, any idea ?

4. CeAlJo

CeAlJo New Member

As you have Dual brakes on your bike you need to bleed the link between front and rear also. It's located under the seat close to the tank. When I changed the brake fluids I used an air bleeder, remember to "open" the access to the linkage when bleeding. you can find good instructions in the service manual.

5. mohamedadel811

i have done this when i was changing the rear brake pads the last week, and it works great, till the last night, i was riding while riding, i noticed that the pedal dosnt brake at all its totally spongy, i wonder why