Found a CBR600F3 front wheel !!

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Captain 80s, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    It was attached to a bike.

CBR600F3.jpg

So I've been looking for an extra front wheel to paint along with my new 8 spoke that I'm gonna put on the 95 VFR. Going with a subtle Black Pearl that matches the inside of the Honda Wing on the tank. RC36-2 and CBR600F3 front wheels are the same, so I've been looking for both. I will box up both perfect original wheels into storage.

I'm waiting for my omelette pan to heat up and I decide to get on OfferUp and do my usual "Honda VFR" and "Honda CBR" search...

1 minute ago a listing for a complete (minus bodywork) 1996 CBR600F3 - $1

I scroll down convinced I'm gonna see trade for Quad / Truck / Weed... whatever... It says "FREE"!

Message him. Instant response. Tell him I can leave within the hour. This is 10:00 AM.

"I'm taking my kids to swimming lessons at noon".

"I will leave in 30 minutes"

"Perfect"

Back home in 2 hours with all the parts for another sweet 86 VFR wheel swap, including the whole F3 front end.

No Title - "Don't care"

Ran, but is spewing fuel now - "Don't care"

I Kreemed the tank - "Don't care"

Oh... and... you want this stuff?

F3_Extras.jpg

Sure.

(I don't use Chain Wax... But it's brand new and if people are here before a ride and ask, "You got any chain lube?"... Yep.)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    Thumbs and Viffer J like this.
  2. raYzerman

raYzerman Member

Canada
    Map
  3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I know and have talked to you before, so don't take this as an insult, "you lucky Fuck" damn. You should buy lottery tickets! I installed an F4 front wheel on my beloved 91 twenty years ago and never looked back, lighter steering for sure, plus makes the bike more unique.

Attached Files:

Captain 80s likes this.
  4. Brian Rodgers

Brian Rodgers New Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, Captain, that was a MAJOR score. Wish I had your luck/scrounging ability !!

5. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Stripped down. The carbs are worth some money. Gonna clean the engine and try and sell locally. If not, I'll strip it for bolts.

PXL_20220606_030153053.jpg

The forks, brakes and wheels are for my next 86 VFR750F RestoMod.

This bike has the most hoses and plumbing on any bike I've worked on. California model with PAIR, thats plenty to start with. The carbs are pressurized from the front thru hoses and controlled by solenoids behind the carbs. The carbs also have coolant plumbed thru them. There's a liquid cooled oil cooler mounted behind the headers. 2 miles of vacuum line.

I was hoping to pull, clean and re-install the carbs to hear it run, but the boots were completely cracked. And the thought of reinstalling those carbs made the decision to just keep breaking easy.

ridervfr likes this.
  6. RogueRC24

RogueRC24 Member

United States
    Good score. I might need some clip ons. ;) My wife is the hunter in our family. She finds smoking deals way more than the average bear. We really only miss good stuff because it is too far away.