Freddie Spencer Riding School

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by My25thVFRVision, Sep 27, 2007.

1. My25thVFRVision

My25thVFRVision New Member

Hey ! any of you guys been to the Freddie Spencer Riding School in Las Vegas ? If so was it worth the $3000.00 ? I am thinking about going next year.

2. Shinigami

Shinigami New Member

United States
    Map
    While I have no particular interest in track racing, I'm planning on this school for the handling techniques and their translation to safer riding on the street. You will find lots of very positive reviews of this school and training pays for itself many times over the first time it helps you out of a jam.

3. My25thVFRVision

Smart thinking however I have been riding for over 20+ years and want to go for a very diffrent reason. The Adrenalin RUSH!!!

4. SCraig

SCraig New Member

You can also join the AMA and get 10% off the registration fee. If you take the class that will pay your AMA membership for a couple of years ;)

5. My25thVFRVision

Thanks for the tip I will check it out.

6. jeremy556

jeremy556 New Member

I know a number of people that have gone. Not one has been disappointed, and most plan to go back.

I would love to go, but $3k + other expenses buys a lot of track days and race entry fees.

7. My25thVFRVision

Yeah it is a lot of money. I plan to stay the whole week and check out vegas too. Kind of knock out two things with one shot.

8. Taz

Taz New Member

Well A+++++++ if you take Freddie's school, It's a hell-of-a school, & I'm planning to take it again up @ MMP this Spring/Summer.

been to 3 schools (a old dog can never stop learning) & Freddie's is no doubt the best.

I know the fun of Vegas is a plus draw & @ a time when most of your bikes in storage, but Freddie's school (leaves Vegas do to the heat in the Spring/Summer) when @ MMP is a double plus because you get the best school & the # 1 track in the world together (I don't like the Vegas track that much:frown: ), & you just can't beat that.

oh & Freddie's bikes are the new CBR600RR's & alway's fresh tyres along with top instructers, making the $3g's a bargin for what you get !

9. My25thVFRVision

Hey thanks for all the great info. I think I had allready decided I just needed a push!

10. Docbrock

Docbrock New Member

i'd love to get some tips on backing it in from freddie

11. cozmo2312

cozmo2312 New Member

12. My25thVFRVision

Hey thanks for the Info and Link. It helped me make up my mind. All I need to do now is save up the money!

13. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Like they all said pretty top notch school. If I had the funds there'd be no question about it. I took a tour of the place and talked with Freddies second in command. I liked how they bring it to the table. yea those 600rrs are the shits. Just a thought since price is an issue, Pridmore class schools are right there with em, thou not quite as deep in the over all what you get. meaning it's simplified teaching, still the track stuff is on par. I've done Regs Pridmores class and came away going that was cool.

14. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Excellent read.... love the two up on a VFR. I did that with Jason Pridmore I believe I learned more doing that then I did in the 2 day session. if there's one thing I recommend it's doing that. woo hoo.

15. Taz

Taz New Member

Yes Freddie loves his VFR :biggrin:

Freddie also is a big fan of trail breaking (so am I) & if you go two up with him, or not, ck the front disc/pads out after the run (GD things are glowing:eek: ).

As for backing it in, thats another class where they break away & use Honda CRF 100's to learn slide control.

I'll skip that class since I've been backing it in since my MX/speedway/TT days when I was a kid, & that since I race SuperMoto now.

save the cash & do it, it's one of the 7 wonders of the world for M/C riding.

again if you don't have the money in time, Freddie moves the school to MMP in Utah for the late Spring & Summer to the same track as WSBK & AMA series round will be, not to mention voted 2 years in arow as best track in the world :wave: ( I'll ride/race it, but I hate the Vegas track ).