Free Riding Gear?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by eddievalleytrailer, Oct 17, 2007.

1. eddievalleytrailer

eddievalleytrailer Member

United States
    Map
    Anybody ever heard of the "Motorcycle Riders Club of America"? I got an offer in the mail offering free riding gear if I would test it, then tell them if I like it or not. It says I would keep any gear that I had tested. It also implies that they are associated with "Rider" magazine, and that I would also recieve "Rider" magazine every month. The dues are one dollar a month. Sounds a little too good to be true. Any ideas?

2. Bunky

Bunky New Member

I received the same thing. Never heard of them before so I was a bit skeptical. I put mine in the circular file (the garbage).

3. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

As they saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true...

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

4. eddievalleytrailer

United States
    Map
    Yeah but they said I had been nominated because I was a dedicated rider, and they appreciate MY opinion!! :first: Yeah Right!!!:pound:

5. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    I appreciate your efforts Eddie. Keep trying.

6. eddievalleytrailer

United States
    Map
    The lure of free riding gear is sooooo tempting. But, not worth the all the strings which must be attatched to such an offer.

7. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

they did the same thing when I had a subscription to field and stream- I was sent an offer to a hunting/fishing club where I would test out gear and get to keep it. I never responded, but if it were so good and great- why aren't they being touted by Rider magazine? I would throw it away becuaae before you know it your mail box will be full of unwanted ads and junk mail. think of it as low tech "phishing".

8. BJ Sim

BJ Sim New Member

Just for fun I Googled it. And sure enough it offers the same thing to people who join the website. I wouldn't trust it for the world. The TOS are bad and funny enough mention a hunting and a fishing club that the TOS also apply to. There's a line that if you join with a credit card they have the right to charge on it whenever they like. Toss the stuff in the trash.

9. heymike

heymike New Member

United States
    Map
    I got the same thing with my subscription to "Rider" magazine. It's a great publication, actually one of the best in my opinion. I however filed the Riders Club offer too.

10. eddievalleytrailer

United States
    Map
    I would never send it in, just wondered if anyone had sent one in and what the outcome was. I don't even get Rider mag, unless I pick one up at the bookstore. I get a couple other bike mags, just not Rider. I wonder if Rider knows they are using their name. With all the crap going on these days, it's hard to tell what would happen. Even if I did fall for one of those offers, I'd NEVER give out my CC number. That's probably what they're after. I'm sure the riding gear factorys have plenty of employees who would be glad to "test" their gear for free. BTW, the offer met it's ultimate demise in a paper shreader. Thanks for all of the replies.