Garage and Trailer/truck MUST BUYS

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by pontiac_banshee, Nov 20, 2007.

1. pontiac_banshee

pontiac_banshee New Member

United States
  2. fotomoto

fotomoto New Member

What's the purpose of the second item?

3. pontiac_banshee

United States
    Just Like my 1968 Firebrid

Just like the 4 wheel tire dollies I have now on my Firebird I can move the car all over the floor in any direction. Instead of moving your bike back and forth to get it in position this give you complete 360 maneuverability on the shop floor. You can spin the whole thing 180 degrees with only one movement.

I have 4 separate wheel dollies under my Firebird and I can, all by myself move it anywhere in the garage in any direction. I don't have to move it up turn the wheel move it back etc etc etc to get in position just slide it around. Winter is coming and I can just slide it sideways and move it to the back of the garage with NO HELP. Just like this device you can move the bike around for a 360 degree sweep. I do not need it because I am putting my bike on my trailer off the floor in the wheel chock. Using a $40 Harbor Freight winch and a 4x6 ramp I made out of wood I can load my bike on a trailer all by myself. I will post pics over the weekend but it is a sweet setup and with the winch and wood, and less than a $100 I have a premo motorcycle trailer that can be converted back to a utility trailer in minutes. Of course the trailer was from Harbor Freight. I buy all my hand tools from Craftsman but when I need some specialtiy stuff like this Harbor Freight fits the bill.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto New Member

Oh OK. I do the same thing (360) with my centerstand.

5. pontiac_banshee

United States
    Kind of a circus trick thing huh :) Hope it doesnt take a dive at 211 degrees and crack up $500 of plastic.

6. Conedodger

Conedodger New Member

The wheel chock is a good buy. I bought one last week and used it to trailer my "new to me" '04 VFR from Florida to NY. Worked great!

Mark

7. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Chocks are un-doubtably the best money a person can spend to transport a bike safely. I like that dolly too & think I might get one. That's the cheapest I've ever seen one offered for.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: