G'day

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vifferdownunder, Dec 10, 2007.

1. vifferdownunder

vifferdownunder New Member

Hi all,

Good day from Sydney Australia !

Am actually French and moved down under 7 years ago after living in Atlanta GA for a few years. Am new on the VFR World forum but have been around bikes in general and VFRs in particular for quite some time....
    After enjoying 2-strokes Yammies in the late 80's earlies 90's (some of you have to remember the 350LC twins :smile: ) I bought my first VFR in 1992 (90 model).
    After a 4 years hiatus while I was living stateside (Atlanta didn't strike me as a bike-friendly environment, plus little babies in the house...) I eventually jumped back on the saddle in 2001 after moving to Oz, on a beautiful red 98 Gen5 VFR with Staintune exhaust..... :cool:
    I would have to agree with many forum members, not to upset anybody the Gen5 has to be the best VFR - love the looks of the latest model but wouldn't trade gear-driven cams for VTEC.
    2 years ago I sold my beloved VFR to a mate. Painful to see it almost every day but I knew it was in good hands.
    Then we went to Phillip Island for the Moto GP in October. Mates rode there (it's a long trip from Sydney but thru some the best roads in the country) while I flew and I hired a car. I enjoyed the week-end but boy did it felt wrong not riding ! Right then and there I decided next year I would ride there.

Back home started browsing the net. I fancied quite a few models, and eventually bought a sparkling clean.... beautiful red 98 Gen5 VFR with Staintune exhaust ! Almost identical to the last one :biggrin:

So here is my "old" bike (right) and my "new" bike (left)

Cheerios

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007
  2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    hey, nice bikes. look similar to the one in my gallery. ;) welcome to VFRworld. enjoy!

3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Welcome dude! Glad to have ya!

4. Davidvfr

Davidvfr New Member

Map
    Welcome.

:smile: